Sequential automatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequential automatic?

Its been a long time since i've been here, the price of gas, my job slowing to a halt, just the fact i want my car going again... I've got to do something.

I still have all the parts to my car, all but one. It seems a crucial shifter peice has gone missing and shifting a stick is either going to be really complicated or impossible. i'm going to head to a bone yard to see if i can spot a shifter for replacement but the idea of a paddle shift has always excited me.

Obviously your average stick shift wont be paddle friendly so i might look into an automatic swap, if i cant find a shifter for the stick.

the idea is to find a 4 speed automatic that fits a j-body without excessive cutting and welding. Make a simple controler unit that will operate the neccesary solenoids for clutches and bands. I'm sure trhis is just on of a million ways to screw up a tranmission, but if you could single out the hydraulic passages for each band and clutch you could control the flow with a robotics type controller and activate the clutch when you need to and each band as neccesary for a gear change with some programing.

click = clutch off + 1st on + clutch on. i'd have to look at a book and actual tranny...

i'm not a reall savvy guy with electronics, but dad is. and i'm sure he'd like to spend some quality time together.

thoughts and opinions, etc?
    If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Hydraulicly it might be alittle slow...You will have no engine breaking in lower gears but if you keep the tcc on you should have alittle somthing. It will owrk but it may work as youd like.
    Lorenzo
    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Working...
    X