This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slickretta's speed swap with my help.

I called Zack up about painting a customer of mine's Corvette, he said he wanted to put a 5-speed into his 96 Beretta which already had the 3400 swap done. We did the swap in a week, and let me tell you it was an epic week. If it wasn't for not having all the parts, we might have gotten it done quicker. Well here's some picture's...

Before we started the swap...

Motor, trans and front cradle out...

Zack and Nick cutting the old mount out of the way...

And off to pull and pay to get the trans mounts...

The Victim: 98 cavy 2.2 5 speed...

Back to the car to install the new mounts and to put the new pedal assm in..

The 3400 got some new parts...

New timing chain, high flow Melling oil pump, all new seal's and gasket's, and a few more parts...

Putting it back together...

Some fine tuning...

Thanks to Kurt (Jackie Treehorn), Brandon (branham06) John (RolnGTZ)

Thanks for all your help fella's
    sigpic

looks like fun!
    Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
    3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
    Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
    2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
    TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Well having those guys around was fun, but doing the work was not. Im trying to get him to get it tuned (not what I do). It still has the stock ecm, and it thinks there is still an automatic in it, causing a ses light.
      sigpic

Comment

Why the high flow oil pump and headgaskets? Timing chain and LIM gaskets should have been the only things if needed. HG's don't really fail on these motors unless you over heat them.

Was the isuzu trans used or just the mount? Does the isuzu mount bolt to a getrag? It's got that weird round mount, which BTW they make poly mounts for.

EDIT: yeah it's gonna need some tuning to not surge/stall from the auto programing. And to get the full power out of the 3400. Still has the terrible 3100 logs on there, but I think he has the 2.5" stainless mandrel downpipe still that Graphics had on there.
        Last edited by IsaacHayes; 05-28-2009, 05:56 PM.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
          Why the high flow oil pump and headgaskets? Timing chain and LIM gaskets should have been the only things if needed. HG's don't really fail on these motors unless you over heat them. I think he has the 2.5" stainless mandrel downpipe still that Graphics had on there.
          I put the High flow oil pump on there, and the new head gaskets, because I wanted to see his ring edge, and for a lot of other reasons, the biggest because I am Loosenut, and even though I have a lifetime Bann from Berettastuff, because some jerk though I had duel accounts, I still take care of my fellow Beretta owners, I put $600.00 into this project and will never ask for him to return that money. Oh and one more thing about Berettastuff.com, even though some hate me, you should have gotten to know me, several people will tell you, I'm the best person to know when you need help, Because I am not a poser, I own the Mistress, the only 92 GT Auto that WILL do a a 13.5. Anyone that doubts me come to my house and look at my slips, because I'm not posting them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loosenutbehindthewheel View Post
            Anyone that doubts me come to my house and look at my slips, because I'm not posting them.
            Reason being?

And really, banned for having dual accounts? That's lame...
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Awww there coolant everywhere...those were the dayz......The Sweet Smell of Success!
              Lorenzo
              '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
              '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Thats sick. Another 3x00 5-speed FTW.

Isnt it amazing how many cars you can find those mounts in? There everywhere.
                95 Beretta- Lg8 Daily Driver
                94 Beretta z26- First ever 5-speed 3500 L body- In the works.

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                  Reason being?

And really, banned for having dual accounts? That's lame...
                  The reason is I do not have a scanner, I never had dual accounts, its ok this is just the internet.
                  sigpic

Comment

So... Whats done to obtain a 13.5?

You have a camera to snap pics of the slips... no?

Just curious because a 92GT 3500/3t40 combo is still only capable of a 14.2 on a good day and that's heavily tuned as well... So unless your on the bottle I can't see a 13.5 coming from something not heavily modified. Hell my car only did a 13.9 and yeah that's because the 4t60 leaves some to be desired over 3t40 gearing, and I have a pretty large cam and mods done, Granted my CR and cam are geared toward NOS so we'll see how she does when she is running the way she was intended and not N/A.

You also posted something over on Bstuff about me tuning someones ECM... At least that's how I read it. I don't remember doing any ECM's for you, and IIRC the one that's in that car is a 1997 Monte ECM that someone was trying to tune with HPTuners before the previous owner got rid of it... And I think it was Milzy who was trying to tune it.
                    Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 05-29-2009, 09:47 AM.

Got Lope?
                    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
                      3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
                      Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
                      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
                      TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                        So... Whats done to obtain a 13.5?
                        I can't see a 13.5 coming from something not heavily modified.

You also posted something over on Bstuff about me tuning someones ECM... At least that's how I read it.
                        Jon, you have never tuned an ECM for me, I was trying to ask if you would, and that car is the one in the photo's, which now belongs to slickretta. I dont do tuning, I do the mechanical things. As far as the mods I have done to the Mistress over the years, I will try and put everything down.

Starting from the bottom up.

Re-heat treated crank, drilled for better oil flow.
                        Crankshaft studs (not bolts)
                        Lower block 1/2 filled with block-fill (for strength)
                        Shot peened connecting rods (ARP hardware)
                        JE custom pistons (.30 over) Teflon skirts, valve cut outs
                        Crome moly Rings (gapless)
                        Melling High flow oil pump.
                        Crank balanced to 10,000 rpm (not that it will ever be able to turn that)
                        Crank exciter ring re-cut (allows for timing adjustments)
                        Custom crank trigger (more timing adjustments)
                        Entire rotating assembly balanced within .005 grams.
                        Pistons bore matched to each cylinder (done during honing the bores)
                        Piston to wall clearance .0005
                        Cleveite Triarmor bearings
                        Block decked .010

Seven angle valve job (with hardened seats installed into heads)
                        Comp cams - camshaft, lifters, rockers.
                        Adjustable cam sprocket.
                        Matched inner and outer valve springs.
                        Hardened valves.
                        Head studs (ARP)
                        Soft copper head gaskets.
                        Heads decked .010
                        Intake (upper and lower) and heads ported and polished (gasket matched)

Venmon Fuel system, pump, injectors, regulator, 400 controller.
                        Fuel pump overlay.
                        Custom 3" cold air intake (intake in front of radiator)
                        Reworked throttle body (coated also)

LSD diff. Dextron 6, new stall converter (I forget what the stall speed is now)

That's all can remember right now.

Forgot the exhaust, no cat no muffler 2 1/2 in straight.
                        here's a video...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                        Last edited by loosenutbehindthewheel; 05-29-2009, 11:12 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

That sounds like a very tame cam in that car... which makes its much harder to believe that its capable of a 13.5.

I'm not trying to call you out on this but that vid doesn't show any sign what you listed for mods being installed on that car. It also sounds like a lot of 1 tire spins on turns.

I see your registered to attend Bfest... is this a fluke or is this in-fact true? If so are you bringing this car with you?

Don't ask for my assistance on Bstuff, I do not post or reply on there anymore... since after years of being on there they all of a sudden decided that "chit" was bypassing the swear filter and worth a warning, so I just left since the moderation team is going to hell over there, or at least I got singled out for some reason, and no one appreciates my work or knowledge. (oh and apparently "kickfuck" doesn't qualify as bypassing the filter since I've see that thrown around by the mods)
                          Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 05-29-2009, 11:27 AM.

Got Lope?
                          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                            That sounds like a very tame cam in that car... It also sounds like a lot of 1 tire spins on turns.

I see your registered to attend Bfest... is this a fluke or is this in-fact true? If so are you bringing this car with you?

Don't ask for my assistance on Bstuff, I do not post or reply on there anymore... I got singled out for some reason, and no one appreciates my work or knowledge.
                            No one tire spins, if the video quality was better you could see the whole front end walks sideways when I touched the pedal, yes I am planning to attend, but i will be driving the purple 96 base, i'm hoping to sell it and ride back with someone else. As far as you getting singled out and no one appreciating your work, I know exactly how you feel. I made my first car run when I was 13, im 35 now, I went to U.T.I., spent four years in the army as a mechanic, and am currently A.S.E. certified master mechanic, so yea fudge berettastuff.

If you want confirmation that she does 13's, ask Roln, he has taken a ride in her, and asked me to slow down, so if a guy with a 3800sc in a beretta says slow down, she must really be that fast. You have to remember I have owned her since she was new, that's a lot of time to tweak a 18 year old car.
                            sigpic

Comment

by the way, what are you running for fuel system in pinky? I know you should be into the low to mid 13's, your not sleeping at the light are you?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X