4T40E Modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
    It has been a long while since I messed with the 80E stuff. FWIR, there will be a bolt hole on the bell.h ear not used and I think the Bell will need some material removed where the starter will mount on the block going into the trans. The 80E is a big beast and much heavier overall. So if you are worried about lbs and space, I'd explore just the 60E and 65E.

3400-95-Modified is the 60E guru for most if not ALL of your indepth 60E questions.

As far as price goes. I would have to ask if you are looking for trans in working order, rebuilt trans, good core, "junk" unknown condition trans, or New (not likely found) .

If you are asking for a salvage yard type that is handed to you and has a 30 day warranty, I pay no more than 250 a trans (FWD) OTD. Some are DOA, some are in need of attention, some are recently rebuilt stock units. Never know until you get it apart/in the vehicle.
    Most likely looking for something that at least works. Not necessarily rebuilt more like out of a salvage yard as you said. $250 honestly sounds right to me, might take a look through some local yards at some point. I also figured the 80e is a lot bulkier so the 60e or 65e is probably the best choice.

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
    98 or 99 trans is the best to go for, had the best internals to start with. Just a matter of finding the good ratio. I can post up the tag id numbers chart later or just search Google, it will tell you which drive/driven sprockets it has plus diff ratio.
    Okay I was kinda looking for those year ranges anyway thinking they would be the most compatible due to the engine being a 98. If you could post up the chart that would be great. I had tried to google for that stuff and couldn't find it for some reason. Also you wouldn't have a chart for the 4T40E would you? I am curious what the power-train I currently have has in terms of sprocket ratio and diff ratio.

Comment

Working...
    X