Getrag F23 Jack shaft setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getrag F23 Jack shaft setup?

running a 3500/f23 in my 03 grand am and I'm wondering if anyone has used a older 2nd gen J-body or similar passenger jack shaft setup before on a F23? I'm running factory axles for a 4cyl 5spd N-body and don't really trust the passenger side being 1 long piece

shitty picture but you can see the axle I'm worried about above

or perhaps the 3900/F40 jack shaft would be better?
    Last edited by Forgotten User; 11-21-2014, 04:40 PM.

FWIW 99% of Fiero swaps including some high power setups run the stock axles; 1 short and one really long (M/T anyway)
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

The jack shaft is less for strength and more to help eliminate torque steer
      '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
      '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Read a lot more reliability issues with the two piece over the one piece j/s. The one piece seems to have less variations to be confused with where as the two piece style has an array of different designs. Also know that they don't all interchange from trans to trans regarding intermediate transaxle & half-shaft to intermediate transaxle fitment is not compatible across the board either. The one piece unit takes those variables all out when parts searching and reduces much unwanted stress on ya.
        Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

alright thanks guys guess I won't worry about it to much

Comment

I have a 99 grand am how did u go about clearing the transmission from subframe?? Ive been looki ng at doing the 5 spd swap as well

Comment

clearing the transmission?

I'm using a N-body 4cyl 5spd subframe, rear mount, driver side mount with a custom front 1... J-body 2.2L F23 trans needs 3 holes drilled/tapped for the rear n-body mount

J-body poly bushing fits N-body rear mount as well

if you have a 99 I might have a PCM for you, but its tuned for a LX9/5spd combo

Comment

Working...
              X