Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle to short, need help 3T40 to 4T60 swap

1990 Beretta INDY

3.1L MPFI v6, I did a turbo v6 swap, engine is in factory position.
    I used the 4T60 (non-e version) transmission in place of my 3T40 transmission.

I used 96 Beretta 3100 v6 4t60e driver side and passenger side axles on my 90 Beretta turbo swap.

The 96 axle on the drivers side was okay, its the perfect length.

The 96 axle on the passenger side was to short. it did not work, the CV joint pulled apart and twisted.

What axle can I use on my passenger side of my 1990 Beretta with the 4T60 transmission swapped in?
    I need the length to be correct, and the spline counts to match.

Rock auto is a great source for factory axle specs
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Try an A-body axle. I think 1988 Pontiac 6000 with V6, four speed, and JA1 hubs will work.

EDIT: Just realized this is a seven-month-old post. Sorry. Hopefully it will help someone else.
      Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

I used the hubs from a 96 Beretta and the shaft from the drivers side of the 90 pontiac I used for parts.
        Works good for me.

Is the 88 pontiac 6000 passenger axle a direct drop in or do I have to swap shafts?
        I am hoping for a drop in part.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's a direct swap, but it's probably pretty close. It's length is in between the three speed axle and 4T60E.
          Last edited by LeftVentricle; 01-05-2016, 12:31 PM.
          Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftVentricle View Post
            I'm not sure if it's a direct swap, but it's probably pretty close. It's length is in between the three speed axle and 4T60E.
            Thats how my custom axle is, the 1996 Beretta Z26 passenger axle was to short, the 1990 Beretta Indy passenger axle was to long.

My custom axle using the 96 axle parts and the 90 TGP shaft worked good, length between the two.

Comment

Working...
            X