4T65E? Transmission woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4T65E? Transmission woes.

I've got a 2001 LeSabre. A quick google suggests that's the model trans I have. I have 94K miles on this car and have been having a problem for probably the last 10k or so.

This is what will happen. Everything will be fine, shifting correctly, etc. Then out of nowhere, it will start making a slight noise(whine) and it will shift so hard you'd think I'd installed a shift kit. Sometimes I can drive for hours, with no problems. Other times, it will constantly do this. It will never fix itself. I have to switch the car off for 30 seconds or so. Then it's fine. Sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for the rest of the day. If I don't wait long enough after turning it off, it doesn't fix the problem. Doesn't seem to be slipping at all but sometimes the shifts are slow and sloppy. I checked the fluid in the past and didn't see any issues. I'll pull the dipstick again here in a bit and check again.

Any ideas?

on the 97-02 4T65, the pressure control solenoid is a known weak point and can cause exactly what you're describing.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      on the 97-02 4T65, the pressure control solenoid is a known weak point and can cause exactly what you're describing.
      Thanks, I'll look into that. Hopefully, it's easy to get to. I need to do a trans flush anyway.

Comment

I have an 07 Rendezvous, and it seems I have the same transmission. (I've only had it a year 25kmiles/40k km...love it!)
        It feels fine when driving - ie not slipping - and the fluid is clear and at the proper level, but the tach does some weird things (and the fuel economy numbers in the DIC in the cluster settle in place then seem to double on a whim) when I'm maintaining speed on a level road: the car sems to be "hunting" for the right rev range/gear at times. is that the solenoid?
        I looked around on here and found http://www.60degreev6.com/vb5/articl...lenoid-upgrade and that mentions solenoid and accumulator upgrades...can anyone point me in the direction of those?
        It looks like a pretty intensive process to get at the tranny to make these repairs/modifications...

Comment

Working...
        X