<SPAN>Adjustable Modulator For 4t60e & Granatelli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <SPAN>Adjustable Modulator For 4t60e & Granatelli

Well i tried the adjustable modulator for the 4t60e ,this weekend .

(pioneer pn# 747-017) $12-$18 down here in Shreveport, La

I never knew a front wheel drive could kick you in th ass like that.. very simple install and great for weekend ride. but had to put the factory one back in for my girlfriend b/c she didn,t like where i had it set.. just at a slow cruise it would bark 1-2 upshift, on a hard accell it bark through the 2-3 upshift.

On another note i saw a thread asking about the granatelli trans tuner for the 4t60-e , after dealing with summit , jegs and granatelli twice , i finally talked to someone who gave me straight answers .. the tuner for the 4t60-e only adjust torque converter lock-up ... the item is discontinued though.

Summit racing still has some left 66.80 ea , i bit the bullit and ordered one today just to see how effective it really is .

My thought on it as of know are that it is going to be complete dissapointment , but there is only one way to find out...

Granatelli said the reason they discontinued the module ,was because they have some adjustable tuners coming out this fall.. he wasn't sure if they had one specifically for the 4t60e though..

All in all so far i would reccomend the adjustable module to anyone , it changes the whole demeanor of the car..

Upping the line pressure can damage things in the trans too though... Maybe you could just up it a little, but i wouldn't go all the way. I had my vacuum line break on mine, and it maxxed it out and it wasn't much a of a performance change IMO.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

yeah too much presure will over work and burn up the pump also , but i had the adjuster about half way up, thats why said it would great for weekend runs..
      i.e. = Track , saturday night light to lights, or in my neighborhood , showing up the big azz , near dead ,ex cop cruisers with 20 foot paint jobs , flowmaster stickers and run 0-60 in 3 1/2 minutes...

If you can,t tell i live in the middle of the
      ghetto in louisiana.

Na Nah Na Nah!!!
      Damn terrets..

Comment

Good thing you found that modulator. It'll keep the trans alive long by adjusting the pump output to compensate for clutch wear. To get the proper adjustment, with the engine running unplug the vaccum line from the modulator. by then you'll hear the pump in the transmission at full output. adust the modulator accordingly, replace the vacuum line. make adujstments till you can't hear the pump anymore with the vacuum line connected to the modulator. that'll give you the best shift speed while the pump is still within operating range.After that check your shift feel from park to reverse, drive. if it it too hard adjust accordingly. The modulator is properly adjusted..

Some transmissions will react differenty that is why instead of just adjusting it fro the garage shift you need to adjust it by the pump first.

Originally posted by MRHOTROD82
        Well i tried the adjustable modulator for the 4t60e ,this weekend .

(pioneer pn# 747-017) $12-$18 down here in Shreveport, La

I never knew a front wheel drive could kick you in th ass like that.. very simple install and great for weekend ride. but had to put the factory one back in for my girlfriend b/c she didn,t like where i had it set.. just at a slow cruise it would bark 1-2 upshift, on a hard accell it bark through the 2-3 upshift.

On another note i saw a thread asking about the granatelli trans tuner for the 4t60-e , after dealing with summit , jegs and granatelli twice , i finally talked to someone who gave me straight answers .. the tuner for the 4t60-e only adjust torque converter lock-up ... the item is discontinued though.

Summit racing still has some left 66.80 ea , i bit the bullit and ordered one today just to see how effective it really is .

My thought on it as of know are that it is going to be complete dissapointment , but there is only one way to find out...

Granatelli said the reason they discontinued the module ,was because they have some adjustable tuners coming out this fall.. he wasn't sure if they had one specifically for the 4t60e though..

All in all so far i would reccomend the adjustable module to anyone , it changes the whole demeanor of the car..
        Lorenzo
        '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
        '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

When you put it in L does it raise the prssure? is that why I can hear a noise when I go to L idling over D?
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Shifting to Manual Low either 1 or 2, the pump will raise it's output to give a stronger hold on the componants for heavy duty motivation or engine braking.
            Lorenzo
            '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
            '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Cool. I always figured it was that, but kind of worried/wondered at the same time. lol.
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Where could you get this pioneer product? Googled a bit, but can't find anything about it.
                SpudFiles
                Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                Theopia
                Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Sorry it has been so long on the last post, but my son has been really sick and this has been one of my last priorities, the Granatelli is really a cool item if you do alot of in town driving , but it only adjust converter lock-up and nothing else. the modulator on the other hand is just awsome once you get the adjustment correct. ( just a note: the pintle on the modulator can be installed backwards and it will throw u to the back of the seat when it shifts, but i would not reccomend this as a daily driven option , but it is kind cool to once.)

PCGUY: i bought my modulator from O'reillys

Comment

Working...
                  X