Stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question

By now you guys probably think I'm too lazy to look around for answers. But I'm really not, I just dont have alot of time to search this whole site manually since the "Search" option doesn't seem to vield any results.

Anyway I just recently baught a 98 3100 (L82) to build, and I looked the best I could but couldn't find a sraight answer, at least not the one I was looking for. So please if anyone doesn't have a smart comment, I was just wondering if the intake ports in the heads on the L82 (so called small port) were changed when they started using the same style LIM and UIM (large port) as the 3400 after 2000.

I am just trying to put togather the parts that perform best togather.

No hard fellings, just looking for a sraight forward answer.

The 3100 head intake port is slightly different than the large valve/port heads. Its about 1mm height difference (or was it floor, i forget). It would be best to use 3400 heads or 2000+ 3100 (same thing).
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Thank you

But would that matter that much if I am having the heads and intakes ported? Or are the intake valves actually diff size? This is a boosted application so it doesnt have to flow the best.

Comment

The intake valve is 1mm bigger on the 2000+ 3100 and all 3400 heads. If flow and shape don't matter, why port them?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X