FSM Scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSM Scans

Does anyone have an FSM for a 96 and up 3100, i need the scans for the lim removal and install, im doing the service on my car this weekend, too soon for the fsm's to arrive and i want to know if there are any special things that haynes or chiltons leaves out

This would be about the only thing I can think of (don't worry if your vehicle isn't listed).

As far as the new bolts, just clean off the old bolts and use a threadlocker on them.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Replace the o-ring on the oil pump distributor shaft. The dealer has an improved one, it's brown silicone.

Clean the LIM bolts totally, and apply medium thread locker to them.

Do not mix up the order of the pushrods.

Get the Felpro Metal gasket, they are better than the plastic designs.

If you have the coolant quick disconnect it will likely break/leak, they are $7 in the HELP! section, or you can put a new o-ring inside them if the plastic peices have not broke apart. If the clips break no problem but the other stuff inside needs to be in good shape.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Well, yeah... There are those issues as well. None of which would have been covered in a service manual anyway.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Right. Those are some special things that the repair manuals would leave out. I think that's all of em.
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

What is the coolant quick disconnect, do i need a special tool to disconnect the fuel lines fron the fuel rail or can i leave it all attached and just unbolt the fuel rail, and as far as the pushrods are concerned whats the easiest way to get them out?, sorry for so many questions but this is my DD, and ive never gone this far into a working engine, all the work ive done has been supervised

Comment

Oh right. Coolant disconnect is in the thermostat housing. Use a big wrench to turn it out after you have unbolted the hard line that goes into it from the head/whatever that holds it in. You'll see once you get to it. It will pull off the hardline then by hand.

Fuel lines you need quick disconnect tools for that. Disconnect them from the firewall, and leave the fuel rails on the LIM. That way you don't have to deal with prying out the fuel injectors and putting new o-rings on them. I would do that cause it's easier to detach the fuel lines than pry out all the injectors and re-oring them. You could possibly just leave it all hooked up if you can move it out of the way and clean it up like that good enough. I never tried that cause I have the quick disconnect tools. They are round plastic bits and cost $10 for a set of them. The fuel line orings stay in the flexible fuel lines just make sure they don't fall out and put some oil around the metal hard lines before you slide them back on so it does not leak.

Push rods you loosen the rockers and then just lift them out. Don't mix them up when you put them back in or you'll cause engine damage and bend valves/etc. The exhaust pushrods are longer than the intake.
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Thanks, i should be getting this done with in this next week

Comment

Working...
                X