ok which one is it for oil press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok which one is it for oil press

which plug is the one for the oil pressure. im looking to bump mine up about 5...whch means one 1/4" shim right? but which hole does it go into...?
    btw 02 3400

Why do you need 5 psi? I don't know anything about adding a shim to give more pressure. Springs yes, shims no.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

just looking to add a little more press, bc i was going to look into putting those oil squirters on a block...the "shims" are normally washers that you put to increase pressure from the pump

basically like a valve spring shim does...compresses the spring a little more

Comment

ok, so it is the spring you wanna modify. that makes more sense to me. As for the oil squirters, maybe we should compare the 3500 oil pump to the 3400? Maybe you already did?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

wow, you catch on quick...maybe i did. although i like the idea of the HV pump that melling makes...i dont like it that much when you hear the horror stories. you can now get the hv 3500 non vvt pump from melling also. i just saw it when i was looking around at oreillys yesterday. i need to look at the 3500 one closer though and see if anything is diff, my mind gets fuzzy over the weekend

Comment

someone...anyone?

Comment

does anyone have any input?

Comment

Nope...
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                X