strongest 60*V6 ?(rant LOL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strongest 60*V6 ?(rant LOL)

hey guys i was over @ another site talking to this guy about puting more power in his 3400 powered monte. and then some guys came along and said to just swap in a 3800 like they alwayz do. because they think over there that 60* cant make power and that there is no aftermarket. so any ways i started by braging dave's motor for it's N/A high power and then they come back with a bunch of boosted numbers and i try to tell them that you cant compare N/A to boosted
    any ways just for the argument of it i want to know your H.P numbers N/A and boosted to find some high powered 60*V6

thanks guys
    01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

320 HP @ the crank with a cam, headers and some port work on a stock bottom end.

Don't try and fight with the 90 degree guys, It's a waste of time.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

hey are the horsepower and torque rating posted somwhere her on the site for gen 3,4 motors and 3500/3900 motors
      01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

Possibly, on the engine family link. I havent looked other than at the forum lately, it's been through some changes so I don't know.

3500 there is 2 versions, one is 200, and one is like 215 VVT and then you have the 3900 which is 240hp, etc.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Info from GM Media...

2009 Cars - http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...2009/09car.htm
          2009 Trucks - http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...09/09truck.htm

Previous years information - http://media.gm.com/us/gm/en/news/events/pig_index.html
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

i got a 3400 grand am w/ a turbo and cam, still no numbers though sooon enough
            00 turbo'd gagt msd 8.5 mm wires,ngk tr-6 plugs,42.5lb inj,65mm tce t.b,ported upper intake,ported lower,ported heads,copper headgaskets,headstuds,160 stat,ls6 valve springs,st3 turbo cam and pushrods,turbo manifolds,custom 'y' pipe,3in open d.p.,dhp powr tuner,garret t3 60-1 .63 turbine,70 compressor,6 pounds of boost...STOCK CAM,STOCK 103XXX BOTTOM END...2.041 60',13.683 @ 100.34

99 gtp 4in. F.W.I...180 stat..headers...104's...msd8.5's..1.9's...3.4 pulley...cat & res./

Comment

Originally posted by montess408 View Post
              hey guys i was over @ another site talking to this guy about puting more power in his 3400 powered monte. and then some guys came along and said to just swap in a 3800 like they alwayz do. because they think over there that 60* cant make power and that there is no aftermarket. so any ways i started by braging dave's motor for it's N/A high power and then they come back with a bunch of boosted numbers and i try to tell them that you cant compare N/A to boosted
              any ways just for the argument of it i want to know your H.P numbers N/A and boosted to find some high powered 60*V6

thanks guys
              I would just post the stock factory specs for the 3500 and 3800, power to weight and displacement ratios before modifications, that should be enough to support the 60 degree motor as being the better option.

That and the fact that the 3800 is still being produced out of sympathy for followers like them. The 3800 only bests the non VVT 3500 by 10 lb ft and the naturally aspirated 3900 is well on the supercharged 3800s heels, not to mention the 270 hp 06 SEMA version. If you ran the same amount of boost through one of these engines as is run on the 3800 SC they would certainly make more power with ease just by how efficient the cylinder heads are.

06 has the most power for the new gen engines, not sure why they backed off, but it's kind of hard to argue with a .1 litre increase in the 3900 netting 42 more horsepower than the 3800 even with VVT that's an awful big increase.

It will not be long before the debate is laid to rest, in the mean time denial will not hurt anything but feelings later on.
              Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing around 380 for my 3400 @ 10 - 12 psi.

Stock crank, pistons, rods...

Went 12.53 last time out and that time will drop futher by Monday.
                11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

How about over 1700hp from a 3.5L twin turbo?

-Brad-
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                    How about over 1700hp from a 3.5L twin turbo?

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...45&docid=13899
                    202 cubes, that's even SMALLER than a 3500! That's smaller than a 3.4 even.
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

Really good article, but as posted in 2005, curious of what Matt Hartford is currently doing on his project Cav. I would like to find out more about this "GM High Feature V6", sounds like something that I would like to get a hold of, or can you even buy a block? Plus I find it interesting that import racers with bored and stroked supra drag cars are always bragging about their 1000-1200 hp boosted/nitrous cars, but feel like 7 sec is the barrier. Consistent 6.50s, eat out sh%t ricers. And, lets not forget the 300 hp 3600 DI motor in the Cadillacs and the upcoming Camaro, yes it's DOHC, but still kickass.
                      Eric

Comment

The high feature V6 is the 3.6L DOHC - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine
                        -Brad-
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah after I posted I thought to myself that the High Feature Engine is probably a production engine. Ignorance was showing, I guess I assumed that it was a special race block/engine or something. But regardless since the GM High Feature engine is the same engine that I favor the most so far, it just makes it that much better. Whoever these guys were that were dogging 60*V6's obviously haven't heard of that GM High Feature engine. Far as I know, it's the most hp for all of the GM V6 engines. With 300 hp on pump gas, can go wrong on that one.
                          Eric

Comment

224 WHP here, N/A

specs are easy

stock 3400 short block
                            ported heads and intakes
                            Cam - .506" lift and 220*/224* @ .050

that's really the only major engine work. i dunno if you wanna throw in the 2.25" exhaust, CAI, and tuning, but feel free if you want

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
                            Cammed 3500 --> ???
                            1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

The way I figure cubes > liters, I came up with 3.3 liters (3313cc) for that engine. That is all in all insane and awesome at the same time. It would be nice to see some of that technology trickle into our market as well along with all the goodies for you pushrod guys from SD
                              Last edited by pocket-rocket; 09-27-2008, 06:06 PM.
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                              Originally posted by Jay Leno
                              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                              X