HELP!!! 95cutlass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! 95cutlass

Have a 1995 ciera SL and I need some help. Went to beep at someone and my horn didnt work, then my radio changed stations and went all staticy.

Anyone know whats wrong with it?

Ive been putting off joining a forum for this trying to figure it out on my own or on forums Im already on but I need to get it fixed as my inspection is due. I''''''''ve checked a few of the fuses in the glove box and the ones I checked were fine. Please help!

Some BG, "Bought" the car from my gf, she got a new one, because my car isn''''''''t a winter car. Has 100K miles, had to replace the gas tank. At this time the horn problem is its only one. Sucks in the snow, but has all-season tires on it, which are trash.

Also I searched this site, searched google, searched a few other Olds forums, and havent found anything that explains my problem.

Stoped working:
    Horn
    Clock
    Radio*
    power mirrors
    locks
    interior lights

Still working:
    Power seats
    rear defrost
    windows
    exterior lights

*While I cant tune the radio, if I turn it on I get static, the volume is adjustable but not as loud as it should be.
    Last edited by icantthink4155; 01-12-2009, 12:37 PM.

The stuff that does not work sounds almost like CIRCUIT BREAKER issues. Do you have any kinda voltage tester?

If you don't have a multimeter, I recommend getting one to help with troubleshooting. You can get one from SEARS for like $30 that will not only test voltage, but will also test for broken wires.

Even if the fuses LOOK GOOD, try replacing them anyways. I had some bad fuses that looked fine, but when I replaced them the stuff started working again.
    Taylor
    1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
    1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
    1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
    "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Working...
    X