Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 3.4 rwd doesnt downshift all the time-tps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 3.4 rwd doesnt downshift all the time-tps?

in my 93 3.4 camaro with 4 speed auto-when i floor it in OD it doesnt drop a gear-doesnt act any different-full throttle in OD is just like half throttle-once i get to half/ 3/4 throttle it kinda stumbles from time to time-also the idle is a tad rough but im not throwing any codes-ideas?

dont get my wrong this thing runs like a champ, but just cruising around town when i get on it-it acts goofy as stated above & i have no clues.

I would check it, very well could be.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

how do i check it?

Comment

you have to tap into the wires and check voltage as the throttle as increased. Easier to use a scan tool but I don't know what a camaro would use for scanning. That or swap with another TPS and see what happens.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ahh ic-its probably not going to matter because as soon as i know everything im going to need for the 3400 top swap-im putting that stuff on & i assume that ill be using that TBI & TPS-but are you guys pretty sure that the TPS is whats causing this? in D if i put it to the floor it acts normal-but it wont upshift (unless i let off) until it damn near hits redline-in OD it works great with the exception of no downshifting at full throttle-also in D my gas mileage is 15 mpg no matter how i drive it but in OD its around 25-any ideas?

Comment

Working...
          X