Where do you buy your parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your parts?

I'm looking for and pricing parts from various part suppliers. However, it's difficult to find OEM GM parts retailers that will ship to Canada online!

So far, I've looked at these sites:
    autopartsway.ca
    gmpartsdirect.com (who won't ship to Canada, but that's where I get part #s)
    summitracing
    1aauto.com (not a very good selection!)
    partsource.ca

Where do you buy your parts? Do they ship to Canada?

Try RockAuto, Not sure on Canada shipping, but they have good selection and very good prices. Not all OEM parts, but quite a few AC Delco stuff...

Their shipping page.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

As far as OEM parts from GM to Canada... you might be SOL... I do dealer, and Parts-direct if its cheaper and available, I'm not sure of any others that have access to GM stock.
    Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM.

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

gmpartsdirect.com to gmpartsdirect.ca
      Thats the Canadian site, wait till you see the price increases lol.
      What parts are you wanting? and where in Canada?

I am in Toronto Area, becoming a retailer for a few sites as well.

My charges will be fair, as I am not doing it to make money but more as a service and to get my SHOP name out there, but they will be more than the US prices due to the exchange and the AZZ ripping UPS and Customs gives us lol.
      As of April 2
      3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
      ----------------------------
      Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
      Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
      Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
      Injectors: #36 GTPs
      TB: 65mm TCE
      Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
      Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
      Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
      Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

I'm looking for a gasket kit for the lower intake manifold (it includes a bunch of gaskets for various things). I haven't yet decided whether I should go OEM, Dorman, or Fel-Pro. I'm also contemplating head gasket and timing belt, but it's more likely that I'll just stick to the intake repair for now.

GM #19169127
        Dorman # 615-205
        Fel-Pro # MS98003T

All for a 2003 Buick Rendezvous CX FWD 3.4L 3400 (I'm 99% certain that these are the right part numbers for my engine). I'm just outside Montreal, but I do travel to Toronto a few times during the summer months to etobicoke.

Oh, and I can't stand shipping from the states by UPS. USPS is fine by me (especially with US-made parts), but UPS charges me $40 for anything, even a $25 order! (Anyone else have their window regulator clips break?) I now avoid buying parts from anyone shipping from the states by UPS (even if shipping is free).

Comment

I would opt for the Metal Fel-Pro # MS98003T

I hear ya about UPS, they charge a brokerage fee and taxes customs charges on every package, nothing gets through as they make a killing off it.
          Atleast with USPS some things get through with out any charges and they dont charge a brokerage fee.

What other parts you going to be interested in? (there is no timing belt though, just a chain)
          As of April 2
          3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
          ----------------------------
          Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
          Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
          Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
          Injectors: #36 GTPs
          TB: 65mm TCE
          Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
          Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
          Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
          Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

I ship to canada with USPS Priority Mail and no brokerage fees. The above kit is more complete than the felpro or dorman (i use parts from both companies, and GM to make this kit). I would replace the Oil pump drive O ring while its apart and use the included high temp o ring. Stocker will fail and leak eventually.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
            X