00 3400 swap to 02 3400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00 3400 swap to 02 3400

i blew the engine on my 2000 grand am gt. my engine now has the secondary air pump. i cant find any other 2000 grand am engine with them around. so i decided to get a 02 or 03 3400 without the air tubes in the heads. so my plan is to just get my pcm tuned so that the air pump is taken out. so in theory ill just have to take all the air pump crap out then the the 02 or 03 3400 will be a plug and play thing for my car? any info would be great

the pcm should swap to, no tuning required. if you have troubles with the air pump bs, get a computer from canada. we dont have air pumps to meet emmissions standards. all the air pump does is blow normal air into the exhaust to get a better more efficiante reading out the tail pipe. i think you should just be able to delete it completely and not hav to worry about anything. throw in a cam while its out

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

But then when you turn the heat on, it will smell like Tim Horton donuts and people on the radio will say "Eh" a lot.

EDIT: BTW, don't take offense, it's not meant to offend anyone. I don't have anything against Canadians and actually have a few Canadian friends, one of which I tease all the time, lol.
      Last edited by pocket-rocket; 02-20-2010, 02:10 PM.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

i just got the motor finally. any info would be great. i got it out of a 03 grand am se. i really dont want to take my top end and put it on this motor i would just like to use it. so i think ill be able to just have it tuned out. anybody know of an of the sensors will be different between my 00 and the new 03 motor

Comment

there shouldnt be any different sensors or connectors, if there is, you'll still have your old motor to swap the sensors. if theres anything major, just ask us. you shouldnt have a different coolant passage feed to the heater core, but i think thats for old old 3100's. pre 96'

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Working...
          X