Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its here!! our dealerships FIRST 3500 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its here!! our dealerships FIRST 3500 !!

hehe, well we got one today. i did some in depth looking at it...

things i noticed

the lower intake manifold gasket now has a Rubber lower valley gasket with RTV sealant now just in the corners. looks like GM is finally trying to help solve intake gasket issues a bit more. IF this is going to fix things?? who's to say.. dont know. but there IS now a gasket along the block end rails where the bottom of the intake meets the block.

i noticed the intake gasket thing due to, yeah as everyone knows, NO power steering pump sitting there. looks kinda cool like that.

there IS NOT a Crossover pipe between manifolds anymore!!
    Both front and rear exhuast manifolds are separate from each other.
    each manifold has its own O2 sensor. and the front exh manifold exits into a Cat converter. then goes now under the pan on the pass side around and meets up in a Y pipe at the rear exh manifold pipe to exit as one single pipe.

Drive by wire throttle actuation. (not a big fan of this stuff..)
    hmm.

the IGN coil packs have changed. different looking.

um... what else.. shit i was looking at it quite a bit and mentally taking notes to tell all... what else...

well I dont like the look of the new plenum thats for sure. meh.. i like the 3400 style look with the separated runners and such. more flowing, has more visual apeal than this new box thing.

i'll take a look at it again today and take my Digi cam to work to take pics of things for you boys.

later.
    Colin
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
    90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Awesome... now just let someone wreck it on a test drive, then send the engine down here!

Comment

The exhaust setup is very interesting... I wonder if the setup would be able to be used on an older engine? Routing might be an issue, but I'm sure it could be worked out...

Definately looking forward to the pictures!!
      26+6=1

Comment

i took pics this avo brad. when i get home later tonight i'll post them.

i'll still havnt myself got to do a PDI on one yet. just the other guys in the shop (pre delivery inspection)

so i havnt had the chance to road test one and feel what it has to offer.

this engine would make the perfect base to start a new engine build for my car.

3.7 bore......mmmm.... .(drool)
        Colin

Comment

any chance to get some pics of the steering system?

Comment

Whoa. Possible true dual exhaust ! excellent
            Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
            3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
            Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
            2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
            TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

I like the potential dual exhaust.. thats a real pleaser. I find it kinda strange how they'd put the cat converter on only one side of the engine.. couldn't it potentially make one side of the engine run differently than the other? I think it would have made sence that it was placed after the Y pipe.. but I don't really know about that stuff anyways.

I don't like the electric power steering deal. Having a good ol' fashion belt turning is better than having extra strain on the alternator.. if thats how the electrical deal works.

Same with the throttle system.. bla. New technology to break down.

Comment

I find it kinda strange how they'd put the cat converter on only one side of the engine..
                no, no.. sorry for the way i posted that. EACH exhaust manifold has a CAT bolted right onto it. its right there.

manifold exits into a cat, each. i just was mentioning that the front had a cat, only due to point out the fact that they each had one.. sorry guess it might have come across that it only used one.

the thing i hate about drive by wire throttles is when im trying to diagnose a problem at work. lets say an engine noise, i cannot now just blip the throttle by hand under the hood while listening for the noise, i now have to get someone in teh car to push the pedal or do it myself. which when your trying to diagnose a noise complaint and you have to be under the hood to diagnose it... makes it hard to do so when you have to sit in teh car to rev the engine... PITA.

ive looked and looked at that rack and i cant see any electrical connection on the rack!? ?
                the rack looks physically the same size as any normal rack. just no hydraulic lines. odd

i'll have to get Brad the pics sometime this weekend.

ive now driven 2 3500 malibus, nice ride. and have lots of jam.
                Colin

Comment

hmmm....... will it fit in a rwd?
                  ASSUME = ASS oUt of you and ME

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o.

the thing i hate about drive by wire throttles is when im trying to diagnose a problem at work. lets say an engine noise, i cannot now just blip the throttle by hand under the hood while listening for the noise, i now have to get someone in teh car to push the pedal or do it myself. which when your trying to diagnose a noise complaint and you have to be under the hood to diagnose it... makes it hard to do so when you have to sit in teh car to rev the engine... PITA.
                    Thats true... I didn't know exactley how they worked but now that you've expained it I think the system is complete crap. How are you suppose to clean the throttle body with the engine running? You can't because you can't control the throttle and it will stall. Very very gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Badass v.2.0
                      Originally posted by v6h.o.

Thats true... I didn't know exactley how they worked but now that you've expained it I think the system is complete crap. How are you suppose to clean the throttle body with the engine running? You can't because you can't control the throttle and it will stall. Very very gay.
                      Im bet with a scan tool you will be able to open the throttle blades to any degree you want.
                      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

hey, it saves GM from making extra shit for the cruise control! And if you really want to clean the TB, maybe you can remove the controller and move it manually
                        Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
                        2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB

Comment

You think that's bad? Imagine an engine without a throttle butterfly... instead using variable valve lift to adjust throttle.

Comment

yeah, BMW?
                            Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Working...
                              X