Where oh Where is my PCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where oh Where is my PCM

Need to locate my W body 1997 Monte Carlos PCM location as i have another pre-tuned Pcm on the way...sorta like playing where's Waldo

It's in a black box underneath the relays that sit right in front of the coolant jug on the right side of the engine. Take out the jug and those relays and there's a couple metal clips to open up the box and get to it.
    Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
    1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

Originally posted by jman093 View Post
      It's in a black box underneath the relays that sit right in front of the coolant jug on the right side of the engine. Take out the jug and those relays and there's a couple metal clips to open up the box and get to it.
      Thank you jman..Why did GM place something so critical in the outdoor elements....Tom

Comment

almost everything OBD1 was located in the passenger cabin, with the exception of corvettes and w-bodies. corvettes and W's got weatherproofed ECMs though. i assume when OBD2 hit, they all went underhood.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Thanks Rob..........Tom

Comment

N body are in the car still so I guess W body just kept it under the hood.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

weird.... so they made them weatherproof, but still kept them in-cabin?
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Always wondered what was hidden here.......Tom...Thanks all

1997 Monte PCM location.jpg

Comment

that's exactly where it is on a 95 3100 and LQ1 MC. good to know that doesn't change.
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                  X