Converting a 2 temp sensor to single sensor setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting a 2 temp sensor to single sensor setup

I wasn't aware the early gen 3 heads still used the temp sensor in the rear head, and I need to know how to get around this. Either drill/tap into something and add the 2nd sensor or if possible, use the newer sensor to send a signal to the ecm and the dash. Possible?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

You didn't know that? Read the 3400 Swap Guide and it'll answer your questions. Noob.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

the gen 2 to gen 3 top swap says to maybe tap the stat housing. Thank you sir. If there is more that I need to search for, please let me know.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I used a 3-wire, 2-in-1 sensor from a 96 grand am. ACD #213-815 or GM #10096181. Uses the same connector as the TPS. Terminal A and B are one sensor, C is the other and completes it's circuit through the sensor body like the old head temp sensor. There was also talk about relocating the head sensor to one of the block's drain holes.
        1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Yup, I've done both...the 3-wire and the relocation. In my 91 I didnt even have to extend the wire for the head temp sensor, I just removed it from the loom going to the throttle body and ran it next to the o2 sensor down the the drain plug hole. No adapter or rewiring anything needed.

91 SS . 3400/5spd - S&S, TCE, EP, FFP, SPEC, DSS, K&N . GEARHEAD dezign

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
            You didn't know that? Read the 3400 Swap Guide and it'll answer your questions. Noob.
            Hey he only has 11,000 posts. He'll get the hang of things eventually.

Axe
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X