Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futures Passed
    replied
    I keep forgetting this thing exists after I discover it popped out again every now and then. If I ever get around to it, I'll probably run an AN fitting, but keep it fed into the intake. Hopefully that's one of the last places oil is disappearing into on my 3100.

Leave a comment:

• Purple pit
    replied
    Vented oil fill cap from GM. That is a stop gap for too much crank case pressure due to boost.
    I need to get a new seal for the valve cover, mine is popping out too(too much blow by lol). Where it plugs into the upper I used a O-ring to make it seal better and that kept it from popping out.

Leave a comment:

• Superdave
    replied
    I had some NPT to AN adapters laying around, just used one of those and tapped the valve cover with a NPT tap.

The threads were a little loose so I ended up packing some JB weld on the fitting and threading it in. lol

Leave a comment:

• Alxsmt
    replied
    ok. I might go the ghetto way after pricing all the AN fittings/hose. looks like it would run almost 100 bucks including the tap lol that crap adds up quick. looks like Im going to try the brass fittings/rubber hose route

Leave a comment:

• Superdave
    replied
    I tapped mine and put an AN fitting in there, works ok.

Leave a comment:

• Alxsmt
    started a topic 3x00 rear valve cover breather

3x00 rear valve cover breather

Well Im finally getting rid of my CAI and replacing it with a short WAI to the battery trey. Getting rid of 4 90* bends in the process! I am VERY tired of the rear breather tube, it always falls out. Its going away. Im 100% set on it.

My question, what have you guys done?

Im thinking about a few ideas:
    - Tapping the factory hole, putting some type of "plug" with a hose fitting on it and hope I can squeeze a filter on that under the coils/ICM. Maybe a right angle fitting? but then you have a higher chance of oil dripping on the headers..

- Make some sort of metal tube (maybe various pipe fittings) to move the location where the filter would be, away from the coils

- Tapping the factory hole, use an AN fitting with braided hose, same with the new intake pipe. or even using cheap hose fittings, but AN fittings are cooler but at the same time I would like to avoid extra hoses if I can. Makes things simpler to work on.

any thoughts or opinions?

what do you guys think?
Working...
X