Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 1 L32 oil filter relocation

Good afternoon fellas,

I'm building a 1985 Chevrolet S10 Blazer 4x4 with a 3.4L V6 sourced from a 1994 Camaro.

I would like to run a remote oil filter due to experience I've had with the oil filter placement of the old 2.8L V6. When changing oil, the oil filter spills oil all over the front differential housing, making a mess that is near impossible to completely clean up. After many years of oil changes, my diff housing is caked in old oil mixes with mud and road grime. So gross. I spend a ton of time cleaning up the diff and I dont want this to happen again.

I haven't readily come across many direct fit oil filter relocation kits for the L32. I'd like to assume that kits for the 2.8L originally in the S10 Blazer will fit but I cannot be too sure. See link for example http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tr...-173/year/1985

If this kit will not work, what will? Looking forward to hearing

You might need to get some 90 degree fittings for the oil filter adapter, due to proximity of the oil filter mount to the frame/engine mount, but should work.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
      You might need to get some 90 degree fittings for the oil filter adapter, due to proximity of the oil filter mount to the frame/engine mount, but should work.
      Yeah, getting some fittings for hose routing shouldn't be an issue. My main concern is with the coupling to the block, weather it as safe to assume that it is the same.

Thank you!!

Comment

Yes the oil filter location is the same. Other than some slight changes in the way the stock filter adapters mount to the blocks the oil filter pad has not changed for all generations.

Comment

Baja Balzer 85,

Did the Trans Dapt 1150 kit work for your L32 3.4L V6 swap?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X