Dyno'd the Fiero, not too shabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno'd the Fiero, not too shabby

its basically bone stock.. no performance parts have been added or installed.. at least not by me. Stock im guessing is 140hp 180ft/lbs so this is pretty close in my book.

[/img]
    I modify stuff

Man it just drops and drops after 4000 hey. Similar to my old 2.8L. I find now with the Camaro cam in the 3.4L the power range as moved up into the higer RPM's.

Was that an engine dyno or chassie dyno? I am assuming chassie dyno.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Nice numbers. I haven't seen any other stock 2.8 Fiero dyno plots, but the numbers I have read quoted on Pennock's are in the 115-120 range, so yours is definitely right on. It gives me a ballpark to shoot for with my Fiero when I get it running. Are you planning on any chip tuning or other bolt-ons? From the looks of the A/F ratio, you could probably push the power peak up a few RPM if you could lean it out some up top.

Marty
      '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
      '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
      '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
      '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
      Originally posted by Aaron
      This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

Yeah, those look pretty normal. Dont you love how the torque disapperars at 4K? I agree, some chip tuning would help
        Robby Whitesell
        2006 Pontiac G6 GT
        1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

yeah it is a little rich up top, but at least it isn't running lean. And yes, this is a Dynojet Chassis Dyno.

I also Dyno'd my truck (85 Nissan 4x4, 2.4litre SOHC), I only made one pull because of how lean it was running, i need to get a new fuel pump to run more pressure (instead of 4psi) :? Torque was like 100ft/lbs, i give no merit to the 300ft/lb whatever numbers, their dyno software must have screwed up. The graph is by vehicle speed, the RPM one comes out messed up. I just recently put in a rebuilt motor, and was dyno'ing to see if it was up to par with stock.. the numbers say yes. Factory is 100hp 130ft/lbs. Im running a Weber 36/32 carb. Check out the A/F
          I modify stuff

Comment

Those Weber 32/36s are great!. If you can find an Ophenhowser (SP?) Dual Port intake, you'll notice some more ponies. Its a great intake and compliments the 32/36 a lot. Me and my dad change the timing chain on his 85 Toyota 22R SOHC 2.4 this summer. It was a lot of fun. His truck runs like a scalded dog now, with fresh valve job and clean motor
            Robby Whitesell
            2006 Pontiac G6 GT
            1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

Working...
            X