3.1 and 3.4DOHC.. same block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.1 and 3.4DOHC.. same block?

I've never heard of anyone swapping 3.4 heads onto a 3.1. Didn't think a DOHC and pushrod were the same. They claim its the same block.. are they right or stupid? Heres the link..

NO they are NOT the same block..

the first and main problem is no lifter bores in a 3.4DOHC block... the valley in the 3.4L block is sealed up basically.
    Colin
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
    90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

ok i just read the link.. those guys are retards.

ask them how tehy will maintain oil pressure without a camshaft and lifters in the 3.1L block with the 3.4L heads. ask them how they will fead Oil to the new 3.4L heads..

let them try, and when the idiot has no oil pressure. well, just say dont come crying to me!
      Colin
      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
      90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

haha

When I read that I was like :wtf1:
        I've never done an engine rebuild/swap or anything, but I know the basics of how engines work.

Comment

I has been done by some people. Basically you have to seal up the oil pasages in valvetrain section and provide a new feed to the heads. I read of it being done somewhere. But why bother just spend the extra time and effort looking for a block instead of half assing a pushrod block.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

The oiling setup is different as well. Someone a while back (year?) was telling me they made V8 pushrod to OHC setups that use the lifter bores to pump the oil up to the cams. I dunno about that setup, but its NOTHING like the 3.4 DOHC so even with machining and other such work...i don't know if you can do it.

BTW, who would want to? You would have to take the rest of the engine and swap it over if the block setup did work. Pointless, totally pointless. Get the BLOCK and go from there.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
            X