Jimmy Digital Dash Cluster Repair..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Digital Dash Cluster Repair..

I know the digital dashes in the Jimmy/Blazer/Bravada have a problem where they stop working. Well, my Jimmy's dash stopped working. Everything is dark except for the middle mileage portion. All of the voltage/fuel/tach/oil/temp guages are dark. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to repair it? before I send it out for $200 repair

I can only assume the only way to attempt a repair is to resolder all the points on the circuit boards, especially around the various chips. It can be done by someone with a steady hand
    Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
    3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
    Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
    2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
    TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Just to update. Before I was spending $200 on sending the dash out to be repaired, I tried fixing it myself first. Turns out the sub-circuit board that was supposed to be mounted and soldered to the dash circuit board was just pressed into the holes. Maybe the solder flaked off or something, but anyway, I resoldered the whole board, and the board back on and everything works perfect!

Comment

glad you got it working! It's usually a problem with solder points when delco electronics fail, luckily not much else happens
        Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
        3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
        Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
        2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
        TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Hmm... I wonder if that fix will work for my digital in my beretta.... It currently is all flaked out with bars displaying in the middle of the gauges only....

but it's made by VDO... so that might change things..

Cliff Scott
          89 BerettaGT
          89 Volvo740
          Cliff Scott
          89 BerettaGT
          04 AleroGX

Comment

Working...
          X