95 head info. most can use stock RR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 head info. most can use stock RR's

we have a 95 cutty in the shop right now.... yeah you guessed it, Intake gaskets.. LOL anywhoo...

as ive seen before 3 times in the past, now with this one again confiming it for me. it seems like the good majority of 95's although equiped with the stamped steel NONroller rockers. DO have the Provisions for the 96+spec 1.6:1 Roller Rockers.

this 95 engine, again as ive seen before, uses the stamped stellies, pushrod guide plates, and studs, but the studs bolt into the bosses that are notched/machined for the Roller's pedestal mount. the first one i ever saw like this i thought it was just a weird cobled together wrecker setup. but possibly now that ive seen 4 engines this way, its looking like its factory.

just thought i'd share, i know there have been many guys with 95's thinking they have to swap heads as well to use the better roller rockers.

this may not be the case with all 95's. i cant verify that for sure.
    as ive assumed before im thinking Tooling changed (for the 95 model or even mid year or late year 95 model??) and they started machining the heads for the rollers, although not equiping them, possibly they had them ready to go but as usual with GM something could have come up or they just didnt install them untill the 96 model year. who knows.

so, yeah. thought i'd share.
    Colin
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
    90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

It's probably a late '95 change, I had two '95 3100s and neither had the grooves for the roller rockers.

Comment

Next time you see one, check the part number of the head. I just want to see if the PN changed for it or if it was just in fact a tooling change.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

dOh, i should have checked that part number. why wasnt i thinking... ok you can yell at be now brad.
        Colin
        92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
        90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

95 heads

I have to take mine off in a week or so so ill tell you if i have the slots or not.If i don't have the slots i might put them in cause i have some roller rockers sitting around and i'll slap them on and sell the 95 heads with roller rockers on the buy and sell.I just have to finish decking some heads for a friends regal.
          1995 Cutlass Supreme 3100 SFI
          Cold Air K&N Filter
          58mm TB
          Dynomax Duel Exhaust with Performance Catalytic Converter
          FFP Underdrive Crank Pulley
          1/4 mile 15.65 at 90.8 mph

Comment

Working...
          X