name that connector!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name that connector!!!

on my 3100 fuel injection wiring harness there is a green connector with 3 fingers.. what is this for? also there is a small white connector that im not sure what is either.. if i need to get pics i can , any help would be appereciated
    3.4L camaro some goodies

MAP sensor (three prong green connector), ECT sensor (engine Coolant sensor).
    1995 Grand Am GT
    3400 V6 / 4T60-E / Engine Swap
    3400 Engine Swap Guide Version 2.5 is Available!
    www.3400swap.com

Comment

does this harness have 2 colant temp sensors then?there is a black connector that goes into the colant temp sensor by the thermo, but the other connector is on the other side of the manifold

does that make sense?
      3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

No. The 1-Wire sensor (green wire on back of the heads) is for your dash reading. And the other one (yellow/black wires) are for the ECU. The 3-prong is the manifold air pressure sensor.
        1995 Grand Am GT
        www.3400swap.com

Comment

ok , on the wiring harness for the fuel injectors...
          ok, i have the wiring harness.. it has the big block connector.. i know where that plugs in...

then i have a coolant temp sensor that goes in the thermostat housing

the injectors

a green plug with three prongs for the MAP sensor apparently,

and another connector with 2 wires going into it, one of the wires is yellow and the other is black.. the connector itself is white/grey with a blue peice on the back and the dudt boot is dark grey

what does that last connector connect to?
          3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

Sounds like powersteering pump?? Don't really know...
            1995 Grand Am GT
            www.3400swap.com

Comment

Does it maybe go to you ICM that sounds like the wire that goes to the passenger side.

Comment

Possibly the canister purge solonoid.

Comment

Cannister purge solenoid connector is red, IIRC. I want to agree with the ICM idea. Maybe I'll look at my car tonight, although it may be too dark to tell by the time I get a chance...
                  -Brad-
                  89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                  sigpic
                  Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I just rebuild my top end and that really does sound like the ICM but I also run a 3100

Comment

See if this helps out any...

-Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

ok , hey guys , thanks for the help , but i was talking to russell last night ( the guy that has done a 3x00 conversion in an F-body, and he gave me the best idea.. use my old wiring harness, DOH, that makes perfect sense.. i just have to make all the wires long enough to get to the proper locations ,wow do i feel dumb, sorry for all the confusion, but thanks for the help
                        3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

Working...
                        X