Combustion Chamber Volume
    Head Gasket Volume
    Piston Dome Volume
    Block Deck Height
    Piston Deck Clearance
    1992 GTZ Quad 4 HO 5 Speed
    1995 Z26 '04 3400 V6 5 Speed
    Picks of the Z26 & GTZ

Not sure if this covers it all in the details you are looking for, but I know some of that info is listed for at least one of the engines you are looking for...

-Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

What is the hybrid being built for? FWD or RWD? The FWD hybrid is more common, but there are a few of us that have built a RWD hybrid.

Comment

Here's the deal. I have a bunch of engines and parts laying around. And to occupy my free time I want to build a high compression V6. Something that will be reliable and all motor. It has a possibility of going in a Fiero but I dont want to be limited to that. Before I decide I need the info stated in the first post. If it works out on paper then I put something together.
        1992 GTZ Quad 4 HO 5 Speed
        1995 Z26 '04 3400 V6 5 Speed
        Picks of the Z26 & GTZ

Comment

I am also needing information. I want to build a hybrid motor for my chevette(hey dont laugh 1900lbs+2.8 is a lot faster than a honda) i have a 2.8 from a 86 camaro currently. I want to move up to a 3.1 as well. I have a set of 97 3.1 heads and a roller cam setup. From what i hear they will bolt up i just need to get the intake and manifolds to match,right? What will i need to do with pistons? gaskets? pushrods? am i on the right track here?? any help or advice would be great.
          80 chevette, 86 2.8 mpfi,5 speed, much more to come.

Comment

Roller cam will not work in an old block.

Buying a used 3400 will be the best bang for the buck.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Arnt 3400's only for FWD. What are the diffrences between the cams. Is the cam diffrent Or is the diffrence with the lifter bores/oiling passage.

Comment

The cam is different the and the galleis are different. A 3400 is traditionally a FWD motor but by fabricating some mounts and swapping the starter to the other side it will work great. There are also some Camaro bellhousings that have the starter opening on both sides so it would not matter where the starter is.

OR you can put a solid roller cam into a RWD 3.4L block since it will not have the special oiling needs of a hydraulic roller setup.

Comment

Also, isn't there a S10 bellhousing that works with the FWD engines? late model 2.2, I believe.
                  60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Could be possible. 4 cyls do use our bellhousing pattern so if they are mounted on the drivers side in 4 cyls they your in luck.

Comment

So the older blocks only have two oil gallies and wont supply enough oil? I read someware about plumbing additional oil supply lines on AMC v8's, could this work for the 60v6. The fwd block would be a pain because of close clearance with the steering shaft on the drivers side, could the fwd block be machined to mount the starter on the passinger side.

Comment

I have a 350SB that wasnt a roller cam before but is now. The only thing though is you'd have to use some of those re-tro fit roller lifters and there pricey. The lifter bore diameters are the same as a typical SB, so if it worked on my 350SB, it should work on the V6's also.

Comment

"I read someware about plumbing additional oil supply lines on AMC v8's, could this work for the 60v6." -

I've seen this possibility on some engines like the old Ford 351M-400 to help oil the mains.

I dunno about GenIII but there is a tapped hole for a oil pressure switch or sensor (depends on application) next to the "cam", depending if there is a cam. Nonetheless it is there. Perhaps running a line from there to the Oil pressure sending unit's location would be a good idea. (By the filter I mean) So as to up the pressure of the 1st oil gallery by putting oil in through two locations.

That is the idea on most other engines aswell. I'm unsure if it would benefit anything though. I know on the Ford M Blocks it is known to help the rear two mains last longer due to more oil. I've never heard any known benefits for other platforms though..

-Dave
                          If I seem Crazy it is because, I am insane. No lie. Ask my psychiatrist. But, i have good intentions. sometimes.

Comment

Why would solid roller lifters work, and not hydralic? What is the diffrence between regular roller lifters and the conversion lifters?

Comment

Solid lifters do not need an oil supply to operate all they need is lube on the outside so they do not burn up. Hydraulic lifters need an pressurized oil supply to keep "pumped up"

Comment

Working...
                              X