1.6 Rocker Arm Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gpse3400 View Post
    Dont forget, if you want 1.6 rockers but dont wanna pay much or revamp the rocker system on gen 1's and gen 2's, '93-'95 3100's used 1.6 rockers. Readily available used and affordable.You will notice extra power.
    Apologies for resurrecting this ancient thread, but I wanted to get comfirmation on this. These rockers can be installed without modification?
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

It's only 2 years old.. not that bad.

The 93-95 3100 rockers are still stamped steel ball-and-pivot rockers, just like in the Gen 2 engines, except with a higher ratio. They should install just fine. You might re-read through the thread, but I was thinking there might be something you have to do (washer below the nut maybe?) do to the Gen 2 studs. I could be thinking of something different, though...
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I have a set of these rockers here (or 2?). Drop right in. Check the guide plates to see if the notches are deeper for the 1.6 ratio. That is all I can think of.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
          I have a set of these rockers here (or 2?). Drop right in. Check the guide plates to see if the notches are deeper for the 1.6 ratio. That is all I can think of.
          The guideplates from the stock Gen 2 will need to be grinded out a bit...or you could just pick up the 94-95 guideplates to bolt in without having to do any grinding. There's a picture of the stock guideplates ground out for clearance on page 3 of this thread. I initially installed a set of 1.6's w/ the stock guideplates in my 1993 Grand Prix and then saw that the pushrods were rubbing slightly(some would bottom out and some would touch the sides of the guideplates).
          Matt F.

TGP 1/4 mile times
          http://photobucket.com/albums/y33/mfewtrail/
          1990 TGP Coupe VIN Database

Comment

Working...
          X