3400 starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 starter

I am connecting the starter to the wiring harness but am unsure about the what goes to where. On the starter there is 3 studs, 2 large and one that is smaller. A lower, large stud has a large wire coming off and goes to the actual starter motor. What do i connect to these three studs?

Thanks
    Last edited by LZeppelin513; 08-05-2007, 06:36 PM.

Bump for help, sorry if this is a dumb question, To clarify....The starter is for the 3400, stock with engine. There are 3 posts on the solenoid. 2 are bronze colored and one is silver colored. One bronze colored post is below the other bronze and it has a large braided cable that runs to it in sight. I know that i have 2 lines to hook up to the starter, one is the power from the battery and the other is the signal line, but i do not know what to hook these up too. thanks a lot for any help!

Comment

There should be 3 wires, 2 larger ones... 1 being main power and the other I'm not sure what it does, then there should be 1 small one. The small one just goes on the small post, and the 2 larger ones go on the larger post.

The post that has the thick wire going to the actual starter motor... well nothing gets hooked up to that. On my 3500 starter that is actually soldiered on.

I am fairly sure this is correct going off memory.
      SpudFiles
      Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
      Theopia
      Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
      3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Hey thanks a lot, I hooked it up like this and fired the 3400 up in my fiero for the first time today, haha what a great feeling it was

Comment

Yay! I know the feeling, I love it. Congratz.
          SpudFiles
          Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
          Theopia
          Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
          3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Working...
          X