"In block" oil pressure valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
    PF52 is the biggest you can go depending on which adapter then engine contains.
    RE: 88 Beretta Oil Filter: 2.8

I got the biggest...and it rubs on engine cradle assembly when accelerating...but a Fram: PH3682 might do the trick...I'm road testing it now.

If this vendor has the sizes correct below, PF52 will rub out on cradle's undercarriage.

AC PF52
    FRAM PH3980
    PUROLATOR PER4457
    WIX 51036

In other words, all of these filters above should not be used...unless you want to cut away the cradle's frame a pinch.

Comment

Then take off the adapter.
      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Bring me upto speed here....then what when adapter is off?

Are there kits to setup lines for feeding a larger filter?

Comment

The filter can either be mounted directly to the block and sit at an angle, or it can be mounted to a factory adapter and sit vertical.

-Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
            The filter can either be mounted directly to the block and sit at an angle, or it can be mounted to a factory adapter and sit vertical.
            Thanks....I'll have to take a closer look...there is a diagonal "cross member" on this cradle setup, which is causing the problem in the vertical direction, but I think this cross member may also be in the way in the 45 degree direction.

With the longer filter, the filter is hanging below the cross member, which means any road hits would take the filter out...I live on country roads...and stuff happens with rocks and bumps...

thanks...I'll have to look closely.

Comment

I know what teh 88 Beretta is all about. With no adapter it works fine. I think even when it had the shorter style adapter it worked just fine then too. There should not be that much engine movement, if there is then you may want to check into that concern.
              Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

There should not be that much engine movement, if there is then you may want to check into that concern.
                I had full brakes on while slipping the pedal some fuel in forward/reverse gears, and had someone watch motor...there was about a quarter inch play at outer end of oil filter to cross member, but it kissed the cross member...that's not much actual engine movement, when you consider the oil filter is at outer end of motor's rotational movement....and I think this motor/tranny is top mounted, but I'll have to check to see where motor mounts are...either way, not much movement for RPM used to test it.

but thanks for suggestion.

Comment

...88 Beretta is all about. With no adapter it works fine...
                  AC lines may cause some irritation...but for sure, take them away, and it will work for sure.

Btw, where did you get an "adapter bolt" that mates Oil Filter to block facing?

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                    Note - Either way it is mounted, GM came out with an adapter...so an adapter apparently is needed.

Comment

I went and bought an AC PF52 oil filter...and it is a pinch shorter than Fram's 3980...it appears, so far, it may work...so far, this filter has not hit the engine's cradle framework on this 88 Beretta.

Just have to monitor it

Comment

Working...
                      X