Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0000 -->zero<-- compression!!! Wtfzordxz?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : 0000 -->zero<-- compression!!! Wtfzordxz?!!?

Compression is 0 on cylinder 1 and 5!!!

Could this be caused by overtightening the rocker nuts? I get no blue from engine at all, not even on inital start!! Could the problem be resolved by replacing head? or is my engine fucked?!

I get smoke from my carb when i turn off car and occasionally when its running! ITs too weak to go into gear! My oil smells like gas and i get smoke or something white under high pressure shooting from pressure eqilization hole on top of my valve cover where the air filter generally hooks to. Please someone tell me its just a bad head. I love my cutty ciera!!

PS, how hard would it be for me to drop an EFI engine from an 88/89 cutlass ciera into my currently carbureted car?
    Last edited by Braddock; 12-11-2008, 02:28 AM.

Have you done any recent work to the heads that required adjusting the valve lash settings? General rule of thumb for GM adjustable lifters (for new lifters) ...tighten down the adjusting nut so the clearance between the rocker and the valve stem just disappears....you should be able to spin the pushrod between your thumb and forefinger...now tighten down the adjusting nut 3/4 of a turn more to set the lifter. If the lifter is worn you may need to tighten the nut further (within reasonable limits) to quieten it down. I did respond to your other thread on the carb matter.....does sound as tho you have a flooding problem with your carb.
    91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

How could I tell if my floats are fucked? My car behaves the same with both my carbs.
      (I have cut and adjusted my carb but cant tell how good its running because my car is too loud without caty.
      Last edited by Braddock; 12-11-2008, 06:44 PM.

Comment

If.............with the engine running (at idle) and the air cleaner assembly removed..........you look down into the carb, choke full off...do you see fuel washing out of the either the fuel jet passages or the airhorn located near the top of the carb? If you see any extra fuel that is not supposed to be flowing then you probably have a float problem. The floats may have *sunk*,the needle & seat may be damaged or foreign material may have lodged in the needle & seat keeping the needle open. Irregardless of how much noise your exhaust is producing you should still be able to *tune* the carb so the engine runs relatively smoothly, the idle adjustment screws are *air passage* screws (not fuel passage) so the more you turn them out the leaner the mixture and visa versa. You might want to address your exhaust to quieten the car down.
        Last edited by 55trucker; 12-11-2008, 08:18 PM.
        91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

Resolved. Float fucked.

Comment

Good to hear....fuel is costly.....oh, *Brad*.....you might want to lighten up on the f*^#@! expletives....you may earn the wrath of one of the Admins...
            91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

Originally posted by 55trucker View Post
              Good to hear....fuel is costly.....oh, *Brad*.....you might want to lighten up on the f*^#@! expletives....you may earn the wrath of one of the Admins...
              I think they would just turn on word censoring if they cared...
              SpudFiles
              Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
              Theopia
              Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
              3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Originally posted by PCGUY112887 View Post
                I think they would just turn on word censoring if they cared...
                We have a winner!! Honestly, most people on here are civil 95% of the time, so a few cuss words here and there really isn't a big deal. If we thought that it started to get out of hand and it was affecting the site in some way, then we would do something about it.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                X