what can i do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : what can i do now?

i polished out my intake finaly.but i wanted to do a better job on the throttle body,so took the butterfly out,then took the nut off theend of the shaft.
    I TWISTED THE SHIT OUT OF THE SHAFT)

so now i need a new one,but cant buy shaft seprate from plenum.OK

now ill buy a new plenum,cant buy new plenum(gm dont have no more)

ill buy a used one,CANT FRICKIN FIND ONE.(locally)

so im here asking you guys if there are other options for my problem,will throttle body shaft from diff vehicle work.i try to ask local wreckers but when they ask me what car i am fixing they give me the usual BS.why would you fix that car,those motors are junk,a lumina?are you serious.do you know how hard it is to work on those motors?and finnaly they tell me NO WE DONT HAVE THAT PART.

sorry for the long story,but im getting kinda desperate

Check out these three offers for 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Throttle Bodies... Perhaps one of these will help.

Get the best deals for 92 lumina throttle body at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Comment

those are for a 3.1. im assuming he is talking about a 3.4 dohc. check www.car-part.com. good used stuff, you can usually talk people down too..
      [SIGPIC]
      12.268@117... 11's to come!
      turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
      ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

Comment

Where are you located exactly?

Comment

There are two complete z34s for sale right now on Kijiji

Comment

anyone here ever thought a pushrod 3.1 lumina is hard to work on? because i know i havent...if you think thats hard go work on some fords or european cars.

Comment

Originally posted by no_doz View Post
              anyone here ever thought a pushrod 3.1 lumina is hard to work on? because i know i havent...if you think thats hard go work on some fords or european cars.
              My truck engine has been extremely easy to work on... Wait a minute, besides a tune up, timing belt and oil changes I haven't had to touch it.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
              X