'04 3400 Lower Intake Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '04 3400 Lower Intake Gasket

Greetings to everybody and thanks to all for the great info available here on this site.

I have a quick question. I have just purchased an '04 3400 from a Buick Rendezvous with 25k miles that I'm going to transplant into my '96 Monte Carlo. Is the infamous leaking LIM still a problem for this motor in '04? I don't mind replacing the gasket if it's necessary but would prefer not to shell out the $90.00 if it isn't. Of course, if I have to do it now is the time with the motor sitting on a stand and not squeezed into the car....... Thanks in advance for any replies to this message.

First off, welcome!

The problem is semi-fixed by 04, but several people on here have still had the new revised gaskets fail do to deteriorating plastic. The GM fix was to inert metal tabs around the coolant port to stop the gasket from cracking due to over-torquing of the manifold. It seems to work pretty good, so if you are willing to let it go, then there is a good chance you will be fine. But, with the engine already out of the car, the $90 or so for a set of the Dorman or Fel-Pro metal LIM gaskets may not be a bad investment.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'm off to the local parts store for a gasket set.....

Comment

Working...
      X