No announcement yet.

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix pushrod remove help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem. I really don't think about LIM. They are barely notice. I will try put LIM, UIM & valve covers as example to see what I'm thinking. I know one local guy who can powder coating. He is 40 miles from me. I will see if I will do that or not.

So I put silicone then put LIM on it. Then I have to wait for 1 day to install everything back?

I'm off to see you to grab goodies.

Comment

Hmm torque it down after the silicone has cured? That's a new one to me. I've always put the RTV down, and tightened it up right away and let it sit. I guess if the manifold is down enough to touch all the RTV then tightening the rest of the way shouldn't affect anything, and maybe put more clamping pressure on the RTV... But I'm not sure that's better... Probably works either way. I've never had leaks doing the torquing while the silicone is still wet. Some say to let it skin over before putting the intake down, but to me that seems like it wouldn't seal well and could cause leaks..
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Whew, it was long drive but it is worth it because I'm going to work on it tomorrow.

I didn't know that RTV is including with metal gasket. Sound like I got everything what I need. Now, I have to wait for tomorrow. Oh I also brought new torque wrench from that link.

Since Ben show me where to seal RTV this morning but I forgot ask him how much I should put.

Not my car. It was taken from step by step guide website. Too much?

Oh it is good to meet you Ben. You have a nice garage. I'm working my car in hot sunny is suck but at least I have small tree on side of my car to help me to cool.

Comment

That looks about right. You can sit the LIM down and see how much of a gap there is and then judge from that before you do the final install. Having it a little thicker won't be a problem compared to too thin.
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Now my car is back up and running today.

I actually tow my car to Milzy Motorsport to take care it for me. They are close to me. They are cheapest than dealership charge so I couldn't pass that deal. I add some goodies from Milzy Motorsport like billet thorottlebody, cold air intake with pcm tray, modified heater, and pcm tune. They did great job to install mine back together. They are very carefully not scratches my new polish parts.

At Milzy Motorsport garage

Finally ready to hit the road!

I own 2 same Pontiac Grand Prix SE. (left car is daily driving and winter season) (right car is car show appearance and summer season) See how they look different from stock to polish.

Polish engine look

Comment

looks good pulsut i like shiny things
              92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

Working...
              X