Trouble starting 3.1 TGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble starting 3.1 TGP

She wont start, just cranks and cranks. I read out the coils and they read about the same, one slightly higher. It has fuel charged up in the fuel rail. It tries to get going once and a awile, tried starting fluid(I dont like that stuff) and still no joy. I have a new coil pack to try and new wires. Any sugestions?

==95GTP

have you checked the plugs to make sure that they are not fouled, and have you made sure that there is even fuel getting through the injectors (do the injectors click)?

Not trying to sound like an ass, but you did not mention this. Have you checked to make sure that none of the fuses are blown? Especially the fuel injection fuses, and ECM fuse, and have you checked to make sure that the airflow is not interupted, or blocked).
    Taylor
    1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
    1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
    1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
    "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Could be the crank sensor too
      Robby Whitesell
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT
      1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

I found the problem.

I changed the coil pack and wires. It ran like crap before. She really wanted to start though. I checked the fuel rail to make sure fuel was getting there and the fuel pump was running properly, the schrader valve on the fuel rail just blew air. Hum, just a thought but the gas gauge sez 1/2 full, try some HEET and a couple gallons of left over fuel from the boat motor (40:1 mix). She fires right up!!!

Aint no gas in it!! guess I need to fix the gas gauge now! Another thing to add to the list with this POS car.

Comment

Well, good to hear it was nothing major
          Robby Whitesell
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT
          1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

Working...
          X