equinox/torrent temp guage/ t-stat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equinox/torrent temp guage/ t-stat question

my 06 torrent seems to be running cold, we jsut bought it and im not too familiar with the car. every pontiac ive owned 03 sunfire, 03 grand am, fieros, and my inlaws 2011 buick (also GM) when the engine is warmed up the guage always reads right in the middle or just below the centerline of the temperature guage, the torrent has been constantly reading just above the 1/4 mark even after cruising on the highway for 20 minutes, and has been getting constantly bad gas mileage, but this is a new vehicle so i am not too familiar with it, i think the t stat may not be working properly, actually the same thing happened on our grand am around the same mileage, in the winter it would never warm up even after a long road trip and it got very bad mileage, i put i a new t stat and the next day it ran right below 200 like it should, does it sound like i may be having the same problem with the torrent? i just am too unfimiliar with what the guage should be reading at to tell... thanks

guage cluster coolant temps are notoriously inaccurate. find someone with a scanner that can read coolant temps, see where the vehicles are actually running at when cruising at a normal speed.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

ok got a scan tool on it, its only running at around 181 degrees thats after it was warmed up and sitting there idiling tried giving it gas to warm it up more but it did not want to, i figure going down the highway it may even run cooler with the air circulating and what not, i will be getting a new t stat it sounds like

Comment

Working...
      X