1991 Beretta 3.1 - rich smelly and farty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Beretta 3.1 - rich smelly and farty

Hello all, I have been on this site for years. Mostly just trolling for information! But here is a problem I have been working on for about 1.5 years now and would like to find a solution.

The problem: a poor idle (misfires), and VERY rich smelling exhaust, bucking and surging

what i have done:

ICM (tested good)
    brand new ACDELCO coilpacks
    ECU (swapped to stock 5 speed)
    new ac delco plugs
    new bosh wires (tested)
    new IAC and replaced with spare
    Cleaned EGR checked the 3 values with a screwdriver they spring back no problem
    Cleaned TB
    new o2
    changed out TPS
    changed out MAP
    tested fuel pressure 43-47 with FPR disconnected
    checked all vacuum lines

I have a Genesis scan tool and it seems to pick up all the sensors fine. Here is a read out of my car at idle. Even after replacement of all these components. I have had nothing really change on this.

From what I have learned from beretta.net it seems as if my BLM should be @ around 128 and my MAP sensor should be reading about 20 ihg. When I do an idle relearn, I see the BLM slowy go back down to around 100. As it does this my idle becomes very poor. I am not sure right now if this is the scan tool that I have but my reading for MAP seems to be opposite of what it should be. When I press the gas it wants to jump to 30 when I am off the gas it wants to go towards 0.

The bucking / surging starts when I am trying to drive a constant speed. Also when taking off from idle there is hesitation, when you goto WOT it will sometimes stumble bad enough to set you forward in the seat.

I really would love to sort this out I have never quite had problems with a 3.1 like this ever. Any help is appreciated!

the only thing i dont see on you list is injectors you could have a faulty injector that may not be spraying properly i would see bout gettin another set or having your cleaned and flow matched
    94 BerrettaZ26 3400,5 spd, aluminum flywheel, stg3+ spec clutch, poly mounts everywhere, strut and strut to rad braces, s&s headers, euro mirrors, and taillights, E36 headlights, blk widow spoiler, GTU rimz, intrax, KYB, OBD2 swap rear disk swap with ss lines and ss clutch line, addco rear bar

07 Chrysler 300 Base, with C frt bumper blk halo headlights and foglights. Coming soon tinted taillights and 22". The Family ride

Comment

thanks for the help, I forgot to include I have installed flow matched injectors.

Comment

Working...
      X