What the heck are these fasteners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck are these fasteners?

I haven't worked on cars since the 327" Chevy was king. Consequently, some of the dumbest things are hanging me up.
    I'm building a www.StalkerV6.com lotus replica which, as you may know, is powered by the 60 degree V6.
    I have a 3.4 litre 94 Camaro Motor on an engine stand. I 'm converting to Carb and Distributor so, I struggled the Fuel Injection stuff off .
    However, I'm having a tough time removing the accessory bracket on the right front of the engine. I was able to remove all the 13mm fasteners but am flummoxed by the 2 round black fasteners which tread into the right head.
    Are they TORX and, if so, what size? If NOT, what the heck are they? I tried to remove them using an allen wrench and MAY have rouded them a bit. If I screwed them up, any suggestions for removal? BTW: I won't be reusing the bracket.
    Be well,
    Jim Gunther

Yes they are most likely Torx. They look like a fancy star or even could be described as an astrix looking head (asterix----> * ). I couldn't tell you the size off the top of my head but I would say it is worth it to buy a set. You will find that there are alot of torx fasteners on new cars these days.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks Bet,

Yeah, they were TORX - I think they we're #45. With the proper tool, they were "No Sweeat" - DOH!

My favorite one liner is: "If you think you know everything, you're as smart as you'll ever be."
      Boy, I'm learning something new EVERY day.

:?
      Be well,
      Jim Gunther

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Gunther
        "If you think you know everything, you're as smart as you'll ever be."
        That's a good saying.

Comment

Working...
        X