Sticky Lifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Lifter?

I built a 3.2 stroker and ever since I installed adjustable rockers because the stock non-adjustable rockers caused a tick, I now have a nock, adjusted the rockers on the new adjustble studs correctly. A friend of mine says it sound like I might have a sticky lifter or, because I used double coil springs and lighter valves, caused one or two rods to to bend or I might have to use roller rockers because I reused the stock rockers. The engine runs great, no lag nor rough idle but the nocking noise is driving me up the wall.. please any input is accepted.

Re: Sticky Lifter?

Originally posted by Blackj7
    I built a 3.2 stroker and ever since I installed adjustable rockers because the stock non-adjustable rockers caused a tick, I now have a nock, adjusted the rockers on the new adjustble studs correctly. A friend of mine says it sound like I might have a sticky lifter or, because I used double coil springs and lighter valves, caused one or two rods to to bend or I might have to use roller rockers because I reused the stock rockers. The engine runs great, no lag nor rough idle but the nocking noise is driving me up the wall.. please any input is accepted.
    This is a total shot in the dark, but maybe something is hitting a valve cover, as in from the inside?
    1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
    1994 Corvette
    LT1/ZF6
    2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
    3.7/42RLE

Comment

Re: Sticky Lifter?

Originally posted by Blackj7
      What ratio rockers do you have? Stock or higher?
      Robby Whitesell
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT
      1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

I used the stock rockers, no change in ratio, (aluminum heads). I changed my oil today and added some valve medic to clean out the lifters but no change, i'm gonna try and get performance push rods and roller rockers later on, tired of messing with the thing.

Comment

Okay, I was curious, cuz 1.6 rockers caused problems with mine, so I had to go back to stock. Maybe you got a sticky plunger on one of your lifters, thats all I can think of
          Robby Whitesell
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT
          1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

How'd you adjust them, just out of curiosity. I am just wondering if you didn't accidently bottom out the plunger in the lifter.

Comment

Working...
            X