2011 Impala Front Main Seal Leaking at 22K Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Impala Front Main Seal Leaking at 22K Miles

I had a flat tire on Thursday (picked up a nail on the highway). I took the tire and got it fixed and when I went to put it back on, I noticed that there was oil around the lower motor mount and what appears to be a trace amount of oil coming from the front main seal. Thankfully it is still under warranty, so we will see what the dealership wants to do.

The car is a 2011 Impala LS with the 3.5L LZ4

2000 Grand Am GT
    2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Extremely common... thats where my motor started leaking from with aftermarket seals in place and now it's he valley as well. Time to replace my valley RTV with the 3500 seals and see if it helps.

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I dropped the car off at the dealer tonight for warranty work.
      It feels extremely weird dropping my car off at a shop to have someone else work on it.
      2000 Grand Am GT
      2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Don't Feel bad Phil !! I felt stupid going back to a dealer I used to work at to get extra Key Fobs programmed When I used to do it myself

Comment

I took the car in to the dealer, in which they replaced the front crankshaft seal today. All should be good until the next thing breaks
          2000 Grand Am GT
          2011 Chevy Impala

Comment

Keep an eye on it... I had a similar leak like this and while taking my engine apart to test fit the nitrous I found that my PS pump was leaking everywhere and I'm guessing that has been the culprit to my oil on that side of the engine.

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
            X