2003 Alero 3.4 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Alero 3.4 questions

i read on this site that my car, a 2003 alero GL2, comes with iridium plugs. is this true? and if it doesnt, i am thinking of putting them in, all i am relaly interested in is gas mileage. any tips? and is the fuel filter hard to change? lastly, i want to get a ram air kit, like the one in the grand am, would that be difficult to install? i am about to go on a road trip, so i want to do some checking on my car. Thanks guys!

Get a Haynes manual to start. It will show you where all the things your trying to find and how to do most of the work yourself. IMO chiltons manuals are just a bit vague.

Comment

You can find more on the ram air intakes at grandamgt.com, as well as www.fdpperformance.com and www.americanperformanceofcolorado.com. There are more places that sell them but those are the 2 I know off hand.

The fuel filter should be really easy to do, but get a manual of some sort unless someone else has a walkthrough for it.

A K&N filter might help gas milage. The DIS-4 will for sure but thats a bit expensive for 1 mpg.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

would installing the kit void my warranty? and what about those irdium spark plugs? i hear alot about them but i dont know if they are worth it. thansk guys

Comment

Forget the fancy plugs. Use the stock AC Delco ones they are the best plugs around. As for a service manual I would buy the GM one it is packed with WAY MORE info than any hanes or chiltons will ever be. My manual for my S-10 is about twice as thinck as a Haynes and only covers ONE model year.

The Ram Air hood will not void warrenty. But just incase call a dealer and see. Some might be weird about it and then it may become a hastle to get warrenty coverage.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

...My Hanyes manual was still worth every penny

Comment

Yes they are worth the money cuz they are in expensive. Don't be suprised if you have to pay more that $100 for a GM one. But from an information standpoint they have much much more.
              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

You can find GM manuals on ebay fo cheep.

Comment

what about a ported throttle body? what would that do? would it be worth it?

Comment

Working...
                  X