Need a pic of Camaro 3.4 Belt Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a pic of Camaro 3.4 Belt Routing

I need a pic of the belt routing or a belt routing diagram for a 93-95 Camaro with the 3.4. My 3.1 brackets (actually, just the alternator mount) aren't cooperating with the hybrid belt routing and I'm in the process of buying a 3.4's alternator bracket with the A/C delete pulley setup. I have no idea how the belt is routed, if it's the same as my 3.1 or what.

:edit: eBay seller accepted my offer on the alt bracket and tensioner and I bought a used alt at the same time. Hopefully the alt will work, or I will just have to swap the guts out for the ones in my self-rebuilt one I currently have.
    Last edited by Maverick H1L; 08-08-2013, 12:46 PM. Reason: found info

1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Thanks, but I was really hoping for a pic so that I could see where the power steering pump is located in relation to the water pump and crank pulley so that I would know whether or not I also need to buy a power steering pump bracket.

Comment

I'm 90% sure the PS pump is in the same location as the F-body/S10 bracket; it just has a coil pack mount on top.
        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Well, I got the bracket and the alternator to go with it ($100 down the drain for an alt I can no longer use)... After 3 hours of cutting up aluminum to make a new 7x bracket (lower 3.4 bracket bolt goes into lower hole for TCE 7x bracket and the bracket covers the other hole, not to mention is so thick that there is no way, short of cutting a completely new timing wheel, that the TCE bracket works with the 3.4 bracket), I got them mounted. Luckily, I got a relatively new tensioner with the bracket. And also had to modify the rear end housing of the alternator to clear the valve cover... But I still need to swap back to the TCE thermostat housing and replace my upper radiator hose (since I had cut it to work with the 3100 thermostat housing).

Is it possible I can get away with not having to spend another $40-60+ on an idler pulley (A/C delete)? Seems to me, with the position of the tensioner (pulley, at full rebound, is well in the path of the crank-to-alt portion of the belt), I should be able to get away with a shorter belt and the 3.4 belt routing... The $30 belt (with tax) is going to be bad enough.

Comment

Working...
          X