1995 Ciera 3100 intake vacuum question - ACSRY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Ciera 3100 intake vacuum question - ACSRY

There is a vacuum hose that runs off the upper intake plenum near the alternator. It is rubber and heads toward the coils. There is a one-way valve there and then a pink hard plastic line that is shattered on mine. According to one diagram I have seen it is "Acsry" meaning that it controls the vacuum operated doors under the glove compartment.
    Can someone tell me where this attaches at the firewall? I would prefer to replace the hard plastic line if possible. I may have broken this line while replacing the crankshaft position sensor or the set of coils. Any help is appreciated. David

Originally posted by david3100 View Post
    There is a vacuum hose that runs off the upper intake plenum near the alternator. It is rubber and heads toward the coils. There is a one-way valve there and then a pink hard plastic line that is shattered on mine. According to one diagram I have seen it is "Acsry" meaning that it controls the vacuum operated doors under the glove compartment.
    Can someone tell me where this attaches at the firewall? I would prefer to replace the hard plastic line if possible. I may have broken this line while replacing the crankshaft position sensor or the set of coils. Any help is appreciated. David
    That pink line is the air conditioner controls vacuum supply. It is bundled in with the A/C wirin harness. There is a harness going to the blower motor speed resistor, and that line normally goes into that harness. If the exposed end is rotten, you can peel back the harness tape and find there is some solid vacuum line inside which has been protected from the elements. You can connect it there.

Sincerely,
    David
    David Allen - Northport, AL
    1986 Century T-Type, Iron Head 3.1 MPFI Turbo-Intercooled
    1988 Olds Ciara XC, GenII 2.8 MPFI Turbo-Intercooled
    1972 Chevy Nova, 305 Small Block V8 EFI
    1984 Century Olympia, 3.8SFI Turbo, over 400 HP
    http://home.hiwaay.net/~davida1
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/turbokinetic

Comment

Thanks. That fixed it with some 5/32" vac hose.

Comment

Working...
      X