Denso vs Bosch Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : Denso vs Bosch Alternator

Just a question for you guys here. I am in the process of swapping a 3400 into my Cavalier and I am coming up with some slight issues. The guy I got the motor from said it came out of a 2003 Impala. The issue that I am coming up with is the alternator on the motor is one of the Bosch ones, and according to the lookup at Advance Auto (where I work) it says that the Bosch alt only came on the 04/05 Impala. I am just trying to figure out if there was any difference between the 2 wiring wise because I am about to start making a new custom harness and need to know the exact pin outs and if there is any difference between the connectors for the 2 alts.

If anyone has any insight on this I would greatly appreatiate it.

Thanks, Jeff

Year of cavalier would help this...

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Assuming this is a Gen2 J-body swap, you won't be using the newer alternator anyway, you need to swap to the alternator bracket and alternator that came on the V6 in the Gen2 J-body. If you don't the alternator will hit the firewall under acceleration.

Comment

Sorry about the long time between posts, but the car is a third gen cav. I'm hoping that I can just use the alt that I have but if not I guess that will be one more part to add to the list.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahh, 3rd gen swap...

I don't recall the details of such a swap, j-body.org should have some information about that, it seems to be, or at least used to be a mainly 3rd gen site, and I know there were a few V6 swaps done in 3rd gens and documented there.

Comment

Looks like it should fit, just mainly curious about the wiring, and figured since this is a 60° v6 site I would find the answer here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, this is a 60 degree v6 site, but your issue lies in chassis fitment, not engine fitment. So your best source of information is a site that is chassis based.

There might be some information here about a similar swap to yours, but it doesn't seem common here.

I'm not trying to push you away from this site, just trying to guide you to possible more relevant info.

Comment

use a 88-89 beretta bracket and an alt for a 00+ GA 31/3400 iirc.
                Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X