What the hell???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : What the hell???

I've had my beretta for about 6 months now and in all the 6 months ive had it it's never done what its doin now. I was sittin at a stop sign in town and when I went to take off I pushed the pedal and the motor just bogged down, I let off of it and then pushed the pedal again and it did it again, finally it took off but I also noticed my idle is a lil high, it's sittin at 1100 RPM it usually sits at 1000 mostley cuz my EGR is taken off but even tho ive got the huge vacumm leak from the EGR it still idles at 1000 RPM, The only thing its got that mite be affecting it is the new 3400 TB I put on it, could this be whats wrong with it just somebody let me know so I can get this fixed.
    Thanx in advance!!!!
    1994 Chevy Beretta Z26
    CAI
    180 degree thermostat
    high flow muffler
    3400 V6 Throttle Body

sigpic

......... fix the vacuum leak before doing anything else, otherwise you'll wind up doing unnecessary things.

from the sounds of it, you may have a faulty TPS, but i would fix issue #1 before doing anything else.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I agree. I do have to ask why you took the EGR off in the first place.
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Taking it off isn't the issue it's the stupidity of not covering the hole it left knowing that it's a vac leak.

Got Lope?
        3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
        Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
        Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
        12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I took it off with the intention of an EGR delete kit from Milzy Motorsports, it just hasn't come in yet. but when I put the EGR back on it it slows my idle down to 500 RPM and it has no power whatsoever, so ya'll said something about maybe its my TPS sensor? I guess after my delete kit comes in i'll get to that TPS sensor.
          Thanx everybody for your help.
          1994 Chevy Beretta Z26
          CAI
          180 degree thermostat
          high flow muffler
          3400 V6 Throttle Body

sigpic

Comment

With it back on your idle air control valve has to get use to the correct air flow again. You can do that quicker with an idle relearn, but it should learn pretty quick. Your computer adjusted to the "new" air flow and made more adjustments than you know of.

How do you plan to tune out the EGR? Or are you willing to live with the check engine light?

Comment

ill prolly just live with the check engine light, seeing as I know what it is and everything.
              1994 Chevy Beretta Z26
              CAI
              180 degree thermostat
              high flow muffler
              3400 V6 Throttle Body

sigpic

Comment

Not something that I could live in comfort with, but that is just me.

Comment

You took the EGR off but didn't think to block it with something? Why not just leave it on till you get the block off plate? Your car must be running like junk with that huge leak.

Comment

Originally posted by BerettaZ26 View Post
                    ill prolly just live with the check engine light, seeing as I know what it is and everything.
                    i would have to look at the code to be certain, but i want to say that even with an EGR DTC set, the PCM still tries to command the solenoids on and does fuel and spark correction...... so when it tries to command them on, you're going to shoot lean until the O2 corrects for it and you're going to run extra advance and probably run against the knock sensor.
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                    X