No announcement yet.

No power after swapping in 3400-Removed AIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did recheck the firing order and I actually purchased rebuilt injectors for a stock 3400. Specifically for a 2003 Grand Am.

Comment

Did you get a chance to pull the spark plugs yet?

Comment

I pulled them today. A very little bit of black on them but nothing too bad. They weren't wet with fuel or anything. They all looked about the same. After 2 hours searching the garage for my compression gauge I finally gave up and ran to autozone for another. I'll check compression tomorrow and take it from there.

Comment

So, Compression....
          Cylinder
          #1 - 180+ #4 - 175
          #2 - 171+ #5 - 185
          #3 - 185 #6 - 179+

Looks like the lowest reading is only about 8% off from the highest.
          Last edited by TazMan; 04-18-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Never mind. I've finally gotten to the bottom of it. It felt so much like a plugged cat so I finally unbolted the down pipe just in case and took it for a ride. I turned out of the driveway and it lit up the tires half way up the block. I wasn't leaning towards the exhaust cause I replaced the whole thing already but somehow the exhaust is plugged somewhere. I'm thinking maybe for the few days I had that motor out something might have crawled up in there and died or something. It's a big relief to finally have this damn problem pinpointed. Thank you everyone for all your replies.
            Last edited by TazMan; 04-18-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Good to hear you found the problem. My car may have the same problem. Like you I was blowing off the exhaust system because most of it is about six years old(Magnaflow cat and muffler) with not that many miles on them.
              95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
              High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
              Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Yeah, after what I just experienced I'd say you probably shouldn't rule it out. I bought the exhaust a little over a year ago and 3 weeks later the car went into the garage. It wasn't run again till 2 weeks ago when I got the replacement motor in. I cut out the CAT to see if I could see what was stuck in there but I found nothing. It was just clogged. I couldn't see any light through it. I tried blowing through it with my shop Vac but no air what so ever was passing through. I'm surprised the car even ran.

Comment

I'm on it and working the options. Do to major rust on the resonator flange it could end up as a full exhaust.
                  95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
                  High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
                  Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Good to hear that you found the problem! Was going to say to drop the exhaust but figured that it was good when you said that it was new.
                    1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
                    1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
                    1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
                    14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
                    9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
                    14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Working...
                    X