1998 Lumina 3.1L - Small Vacuum Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Lumina 3.1L - Small Vacuum Line

I was replacing the battery on my 1998 Lumina with a 3.1L when I noticed a vacuum line hanging down behind the battery. It has a 90 degree elbow at the end but has nothing within reach to plug it in to. The line itself is broken and shows to be a two layer line. The line is attached with a screwed-in clip on the wheel well and has other vacuum connections prior to passing the battery. Does anyone know what this is and where its supposed to go to? Should I just plug it so the rest of the connections get full vacuum?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by Jesster; 03-31-2018, 01:12 AM.

are you sure its vacuum and not the hose for the washer fluid tank? if it is for sure a vacuum line there may be a vacuum canister (looks like a round ball) under the battery tray. i cant say i can remember off hand, its been so long since i looked at one of those cars.

Comment

Any updates on this one?

Comment

I know I'm replying to an old post.

That line is for vacuum. One end is connected to a tee and a one-way valve. The other end passes behind the battery and down to a vacuum reservoir canister. The canister is probably located in front of the wheel well. The canister looks like a plastic cannon ball.

Just a general diagram. The line in question is denoted by the blue arrow. Disregard the stuff in red.
        Last edited by paulo57509; 11-25-2018, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X