2.8 Standalone System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 Standalone System

Hey guys, I did a 1988 2.8 TBI swap into a Willys Jeep and am having some tuning issues. It wants to idle at around 1k rpm and when it warms up it goes higher.Looking at the plugs it is definitely running rich. I did not wire in the ald port though I have it. Engine runs good other than the running rich, it will also hesitate if you floor it until the engine speed can catch up. Any tuning advice?It is running the stock computer that came with the engine.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    PSALM 128:1 Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him. 2 You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
    3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. 4 Yes, this will be the blessing
    for the man who fears the Lord. 5 May the Lord bless you from Zion; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. 6 May you live to see your children’s children

hope you're still with us, I tend to mostly stay in the pushrod performance section so i missed your post. while the stock computer is tunable, without having a way to see what the ECU is seeing, tuning will be very difficult. Dynamic EFI has an add-on board for the stock ECU that allows the ECU's calibration to be changed without burning new chips, and is much more user friendly.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
    X