which cat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which cat??

my car is suffering from a clogged cat (i blame the TOG headers) so i ended up buying two off ebay. the first one is a thunderbolt part #610250 which i bought because it was the cheapest one i found that claimed to be "high flow" at $47 shipped. i was advised that cheap might not be the way to go so i bought a magnaflow carsound part #94106 for $55 shipped (i pretty much stole it). i received both cats today and side by side the cheaper one is longer (total length), the chambers seem to be the same size and when held each one up to a light source i can see more light thru the cheaper one. both are obdII approved of course. the cheaper one has an o2 sensor port but i plan on deleting the codes for it anyway (on the assumption that i can still pass emissions testing. if i wont then please let me know). which one should i put on??

also, both are 2.5" in/out. my current catback is 2.25" but i plan on upgrading eventually, dont have the money for it now so i bought 2 adapters.

carsound has a good reputation (that im aware of). Never heard of thunderbolt but it might work just as well. Can you send one back?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

whichever one i dont use i will probably just put back up on ebay. i can pass emissions testing without a rear o2 sensor right?

Comment

The rear O2 sensor just tells the ECM that the cat is working to OEM spec. Im not sure if you can pass emissions in your area with a high flow cat or not but I don't think it will be a problem.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

im in VA. i just read some info online but it wasnt very specific.

Comment

Working...
          X