700 hp 3400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700 hp 3400

ok, first off. in one of your old replys, you stated u can make 2 hp per litre? so your cars 6.8 hp???? i think you mean 2 hp per cid

any ways, the thought of going past 7500 rpm is odd.
    for rods, if you want to go high rpm, i recommend cat power h-beams. sure there not rated to 8200, but they have been up in the 7000 range. and tere strong. also, the valvetrain can take 7000 rpm, but thats where ive failed, horribly!. but just why is it so important to get 8200 rpm redline???

another thing. that 3.1 race motor you built. theres no reason to run block filler. im making those numbers without filler. the only modification ive made to the block is girdles.

i have enough experience with these motors to know what goes on... well, not lots of experience, just boosted experience.

What is the deal with your 700 hp dyno with the incorrect RPM reading (doubled)? Is the hp doubled as well?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

actually the dyno was done on a clayton dynomometer. so it doesnt use rpm as a variable. it uses mph readings.

-it actually might be off by a bit since clayton dynos are not super accurate, but there within 8 hp+-... so to make everyone happy ill say 715 hp. my next dyno tune session is march the 22nd, so ill make a video...

Comment

and btw heres a small video of the car in my driveway. its bad quality... sorry

i know it doesnt prove anything. but hopefully youll see the car does exist... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU4Ik_PHvws

Comment

yah im with ben on this one...im gonna raise the

Comment

Malibusst
            Dude you have alot of $$ invested in that car them you're crazy.
            but now for some pics or video's

Comment

I talked with a guy who used to professionally race 60 degree motors up till several years ago. His last motor was a 3400 with a modified stock crank by moldex that was race prepped, forged H beam rods and forged pistons. He used several different cams of around .600 lift. His biggest problem was spinning cam bearings. He ruined several motors this way.

He would run his up to 7800 rpm and it was alchohol injected. He said after one season his crank that cost him $900 to prep from moldex would be complete garbage. cracks in it everywhere. He said another guy would spin his to 8500 but shit didnt' last long there.

The motors aren't made to spin that high period and I dont' know why one would want to considering gm doesnt' have a tranny that can handle shifting at that high an rpm. So whats the point?

I dont' get the whole idea of trying to be that person to spin it higher then anyone else. Because if you arent' spinning it past 8500 rpm, then you aren't close to being the person who has gone the highest and the motor lived to run anotehr day.

The guys spinning them that high were full out race motors, on alcohol with ITB intakes and cams with 600 lift or more and huge spring pressures.

I actually bought a lot of the stuff from the guy that used to race them. which is who told me this.

Comment

Phantom Grip LSD.... worlds fastest malibu?? Your going to put all that work in the engine. Then do all that creative art work to the trans, then put a phantom grip in it You sir are on crack...... Quaife man get a Quaife... Some people stupid is as a stupid does I know its off the topic but.. If your putting down that much power from the engine your just going to tear it apart with those metal wedges with springs in the Diff cuss thats all it really is. Not that it matters but if you had to be in a racing v6 class there are better engines to start your endeavor with. Not saying that I don't like the 60 degree engine its a bitching long life engine if done right. Cost dollar it will cost more than going with a 3.8L 4.3 or hmmm what is that oh so prevalent engine that Chevy built... I think they call it a 5.7L or something like that.

I'm Going to start a racing company shyster housing racing. Where we will build a bull shit engine that will spin to 17,000rpm and make 800 horses is pzev emissions legal N/A 87 pump gas runner.

Anybody want to start it with me?

Comment

So your car doesn't shift from about 37 to 104? What tranmission are you using for 700 hp?
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Copied from website

The Transmission is a Getrag F23 originally out of a 2000 Chevrolet cavalier 2200sfi non ecotec.

fully build with hardened center shafts and knife edged gears, solid S-232 heat treated gears. Phantom Grip LSD With Custom Springs

I didn't really want to take it off topic but thats the info from his car domain web page. I don't think people read now days. I'm taking an english class and i read a paper that says we don't know how to read anymore because most of us just read a quick snip. Don't really get involved with the actual information. I edit probably 70% of my posts because they don't sound right when I read them back. English is my worst subject and it is the most important at putting your data in an understandable format. You better make sure your data reflects what you wrote or your in for literary bashing buy people that can formulate ideas and tear up what you blathered.

How this relates to a 3400 Build up or any other thing in life; format your data in presentable fashion, use backing documented websites, and be sure to verify creditably. So list what you have and as much you know about it, if you don't know it say, "I need a suggestion or more info in this area." Address your purpose, write your details, ask for information or conclude your idea. Then look for agreement or disapproval.
                    Last edited by ignoreance; 03-07-2007, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I read that site but I got so much shit going on over here and in my head that it slipped. How in the hell is that transmission still in one piece?
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

hey about the quaife, i ve been waiting patiently for them to actually produce one for an F23. im not sure if they actually do have one, but thats for later years to come . and you'd be surprised at how much a phantom grip can do with 460lb spring pressure (Stamp die springs). its not about how much money you spend, but how you spend it. also, for the two guys who think im bullshitting... honestly, im not the guy to go around and bull shit, i have a shop with its reputation, and i wouldnt risk it by saying crap that makes me look bad... also, if you still think im a bs'er. then please be my guest, on thursday march 22nd im having my car street tuned at neetronics, then on friday the 23rd, ill have the car at Strictly performance for a couple of pulls, and as a polite person ill invite you all ther ( if you can make it) and i will put in the greatest effort to make a video. also, "ignoreance" 5.7??? i actually got the car a while back when i was in school, and one thing lead to another. and i do love v-8's. currently theres a 577 hemi being built for my charger. the malibu is just somthing that just... happened. and id like to clear one thing up!!! IT DOESNT MAKE 700+ EVERYDAY. the car is set to 16psi as a daily driver so i dont even see half of that most of the time, so a phantom grip is fine for me. also, the trans is still in place just from support, the motor mount on the bottom ties the whole thing together, but aside from that, not much, i guess its just a strong transmission. also, the bigger turbo has anough lag, where i dont have to worry about low end so i have enough traction at start, once boost hits, the car handles it self.

Comment

my cam makes power past 8K RPM in the 3500.. too bad the rods will shear at about 7K
                          Past Builds;
                          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                          Current Project;
                          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                            Yeah, I read that site but I got so much shit going on over here and in my head that it slipped. How in the hell is that transmission still in one piece?
                            good question
                            and im sure he must be busting cv's left right and center :P

Comment

and for shafts. DSS ( Drive Shaft Shop) made me their 5.1 pro set. only down side is mass, and you have to swap out the stock hub for a forged peice. other than that never broken a shaft. the things that do break, motor mounts, clutch, slave cylinder (i dont know why, maybe you could help) and thats about all..

Comment

Working...
                              X