Which "chip upgrade" really is the best? This site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which "chip upgrade" really is the best? This site

s.. the Jet Stage 2's, or the Hypertechs? I hear very good things about the Jets, most people go w/ the herd and get Hypertechs, but I dont know much about the 60*v6 chip? It sounds badass to me.. but I really want the best I can get right now. On my old '90 GP SE 5spd 3.1 w/ 240k miles, all that thing had was an exhaust and some sort of chip (dont know what kind.. my buddy was telling me about it after i sold it to him. I didn't install it) and that thing HAULED. I want my '91 to do the same thing haha
    Thanks,
    Matt!
    '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Hypertech is a waste. All the mass market chips are junk.

Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Oooh Baby that's got a nice curve to it But explain to me. How do your chips give it a more usable band? Why, exactly?
      '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

I change the fuel and spark for the performance increase. Im not going into detail more than that.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

How exactly is the band more usable than say, stock?

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

It's more usable because you start making power at a lower rpm.

Comment

If I get this chip, can I have the vehicle reprogrammed to shift earlier, since the vehicles RPM band is slightly short up-top?

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

no, you do not have an electronically controlled transmission.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

So there is nothing I can do to change this except adjust the TV line a tad? My car already dogs out the last 500+- RPM on each shift, upgrading to this chip will make it moreso since the top-end is slightly worse with it in... correct?

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Do you know how to read a dyno? The chart shows it makes more power everywhere.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

According to the chart shown, the wotchip makes power 500+- RPMs earlier, while also running outta steam 500-+ rpms earlier

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

They didn't dyno it as high of rom but it was still making more where they ended it.
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ok gotcha. I am assuming it will pick up by 500R's up top too? Man that would be ALL i need to make this car not lug out at the very top of every shift :drool:

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Its going to feel the same way most likely. Its a physical issue, not tuning that causes your problem.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

This doesn't work with the 2.8 TBI? right

Comment

Working...
                              X